DefaultCase Rocks! Updated With Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aerove, Sep 18, 2010.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

Just received mine today.. they by far beat anyone else out there in terms of price/quality perspective.. its definitely worth more that what the Price+ shipping costs... and their customer service beats apple! :D need say more ? :D:D:D

2. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

OP, would you mind showing us some pictures of your case on the phone?

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Look in his other thread on the same topic.

4. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

Updated With Pics

Attached Files:

5. JayMosEnvied macrumors member

JayMosEnvied

My roommate has something similar and its garbage imo. It get dirt into the holes so you have to keep cleaning the back.

6. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

i was kinda worried that that might be a issue.. but then i have a skin on the phone so its not like its gonna get scratched up or anything.. i guess thats a gamble u might say.. what i felt was good about this was the fit/bulkiness at that price point..i also just had it for the last two days so ill update on the dust issue after some real world testing...

7. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

this is similar to my elago s4 breathe so if its the same its not a bad buy for 4 dollars

8. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

so you have film in front and back? how about sides?

9. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

i have the SGP ultra oleo phobic on top and a bodyguardz on the back and around the rim.. i did have the bodyguardz on the top too but its absolutely no match for SGP..

10. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

yep.. i was about to buy the elago s4 and then saw these guys and thought i'd give it a shot

11. Resist macrumors 68030

Any company that charges $4 to ship a $0.01 rubs me the wrong way. Even if the cases are worth $20-$30, a $4 shipping charge per case is a bit much. The shipping price should be based on the size and weight of the order, or base it off the total price of the order, using a gradual increase.

Yea I know the company claims to use a fulfillment company to pack and ship their orders, which is the reason for the high per case shipping cost. But maybe they should rethink that plan.

12. threezero macrumors 6502

because the case cost $4.01 including shipping. the 0.01 price is just to lure you in to clicking into the auction and find out the real price.
    and come on did you really think you could get anything for 1 cent?
    $4 is still a very cheap deal

13. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

14. Resist macrumors 68030

Of course not, but obviously you are missing my point.

15. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

I dont think you have a point and if you do its really dull

16. Resist macrumors 68030

You just don't get it. Or should I say, you just don't get it eh. (small Canadian joke) :)

Default has made it clear that selling their cases for $0.01 will not last forever. Most likely they will go up in price to around $20, which is pretty standard for this type of case. When this happens the $4 "per case" shipping charge will remain in place.

This company puts the cases in a plastic bag and drops them in a shipping envelope, no hard plastic wrap or cardboard packaging. Certainly nothing worth the $4 charge "per case" charge. It should be $4 per order or based on the weight of the order.

17. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

It's a gimmick. They're never going to raise the price to $20, let alone $10. The shipping charge is to cover the cost of the case and shipping while still making them a profit. Many eBay sellers do the same thing and sell these exact same cases.

18. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes. Not sure about the black and white though.

19. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I was also going to ask about all the holes getting dirt in them. I just took off my back skin to put my incase snap back on. I'll probably be switching in & out of different cases. Does it struggle to fit with your rear protector on?

20. Resist macrumors 68030

Default $0.01 Case

I received a free Default case today and must say I like the minimalist design. It has a very snug fit and blends well with the iPhone 4. Looks much better in person, than in pictures.

Granted this case is not an Otterbox Defender, so you won't get much drop protection. But for a light case that protects the sides and back from scratches and slight dings, it's perfect. The case however, has a bad smell to it, which is very potent. No other plastic case I have smells like this.

You can't beat the price of $0.01, but can't say I am pleased with the $4 per case shipping charge. Yes you can say $4.01 per case isn't a bad deal, so it's more a principle thing about the high shipping fee to me. The case Default sent me was packed inside a huge box, which is a waste in my mind and no wonder they charge $4.

If Default based their shipping charges on weight instead of a set cost "per case", I would order more from them. But with their current business shipping model, I'm going to have to pass.

21. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I have 5 on order right now. 1 was free because they had a two week delay with the new design. But at $4 per case it's still not bad. I haven't found much less that I liked any more. I'll have pics up once I get them. If you have a camera take some of yours for comparison. I was told that the case was redesigned because of customer feedback. The space around the volume buttons and camera were altered.

22. Resist macrumors 68030

Yes I suppose $4 per case isn't a bad price. But still seems rather deceptive when the shipping costs more than the product. I know they don't hide the shipping cost, but they don't list it up with the price either.

I haven't anything about a redesign for the iPhone 4 cases. I thought it was just for the iPhone 3G(S) cases.

23. Che Castro macrumors 603

24. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

:facepalm:

you must be new to the internet, i suppose you expected to get the case shipped to your house for a penny

25. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Shipping is actually the most expensive part. You need to pay for supplies and services.