Defects in iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kokhoong0624, Sep 29, 2015.

1. kokhoong0624 macrumors regular

Aug 23, 2015
    I'm living in a place where there are only Apple Resellers and no Apple stores. I am getting an iPhone 6S and I wonder if anyone could tell me the common defects because once I leave the store, and the iPhone have any defects, I would have to send it to repair and receive a refurbished unit..
    So I hope I can check for the common faulty before making the purchase.
  2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I've heard of a few reports of an overheating phone, though this isn't something you'll likely reproduce in a store. I've also heard of a pressure point issue behind the lcd but I think that's the 6s plus only (the thread is lengthy and constantly bumped, so you could definitely have a read).

Otherwise I've truthfully not read anything and I'm spending way too much time here as of late.
  3. chabig macrumors 68040

Sep 6, 2002
    Give the phone a once over, make sure it turns on, the screen lights up, touch works. That's about it. There are no common defects. I guarantee that if you go looking for an excuse to replace the phone, you'll find something. Don't go looking too hard.
  4. brianjsw macrumors member

Sep 23, 2014
    Definitely. Never had a perfect phone. Ever.
  5. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Jul 31, 2007
    There is no such thing as perfect. There is always something you can nitpick.
  6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Sep 27, 2008