Defects...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dcx3, Jul 4, 2008.

1. dcx3 macrumors member

I would really like to get a new MBP, but I dont think i'll be buying the current model - awaiting this rumored update. I do however wish to have a matte screen, so crossing fingers that'll be an option.

However, the current MBP, what are the defects. I have read a few, but would like them in simple terms. Something about a defective graphics? What about screens?

2. cattledog macrumors member

cattledog

I bought my macbook pro a week and half ago. No defect here. Matte screen is beautiful, internet connection is flawless, Mail works perfect, photoshop works fine. No problems. I am not disappointed with my purchase.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

mine was a year ago, but same result

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. GUILTIE macrumors regular

How can you say no problems when every one has the audio jack hissing problem? That seems like a big problem to me...

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not everyone has that problem. I don't, and most Mac owners I know don't have any audio problems, either. It's not accurate to say "every one" has a problem, just because a minority do. My MBP is flawless in every respect. I'm extremely happy with it! And I'm not easy to please!

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Hmmmmm, have you listened to mine??
    How can you say "everyone has the audio jack hissing problem"?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I'd be more careful throwing words around like "every one", I know about a dozen MBP owners and NONE of them have this.

8. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

No problems with mine, had it for about 6 months now. (And I really, really like my glossy screen;))

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That's only because you haven't used the matte screen
    Matte rules ;)
    I'll show you sometime...

(fixed that for ya!)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I agree!

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Uncross your fingers; they'll stick like that.

Apple would kill off half of its professional market if they dropped matte. The option for both needs to be there, so it will be there.

12. GUILTIE macrumors regular

I said everyone because of the people's accounts on here where they say they have had 5+ MBP and everyone had the problem. Even one guy who claimed to have test each one in his two local Apple stores found every single one had the problem! They could be exceptions but it seems well over 50% have the problem. I haven't heard anyone say theirs doesn't... Does yours?

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No, mine doesn't and over 50% does not equal "everyone" ;)
    Beware of taking a "count" based on what you hear on the board

Satisfied users rarely feel the need to post a thread saying "I don't have a problem..."

And TwinCities Dan just said he knew 12 that didn't

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

14. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Hmmm....I believe 3 or 4 people just jumped on you for lumping them in your (incorrect) idea that they are all bad.

Mine is great.

15. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Haha, yeah but it's a good thing because one of the main reasons I'm not getting a MBP now is because of that problem. It's good to learn it's probably less of an occurrence than I thought. Though, it still seems overwhelmingly likely that if you buy one it will have the audio hissing problem.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Just buy one already. Chances are that you will not have a single problem.

I've purchased four Macs over the last year and I have not had a single defect or problem with any of them. The quality is perfect.

Oh and I too don't have the audio jack hissing problem, mine is perfect.

17. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Go to the store and test it yourself
    Don't rely on the opinions of others... not even mine ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

18. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Having the problem isn't really a defect, and looking at the consumer opinions and reviews of a product are extremely helpful! Plus I could test the one's at the Apple store, but that wouldn't tell me about the problems I would have with mine... the one in the store could be fine but the one I buy could be unlucky :(

19. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Sometimes I've got to wonder if newbies come to this forum, just to spread inaccurate, untrue and unproved negative impressions about Macs, as part of some Microsoft campaign against Apple. I'll be the first to admit that Apple and Macs are not perfect, but it seems most of the negative being spread is by relatively new members here. I don't see nearly as much negative from experienced Mac users. I know some of it may come from new users' frustrations with learning their way around a new OS, but some of it seems very suspicious to me.

If someone says, "I'm having a problem. Here's what I'm experiencing. Can you help?" that's one thing. But the ones that say "Macs are bad. Macs have defects. Macs suck, etc." with no constructive question being asked are the ones that sound like someone's trying to smear Apple's reputation. New Mac users have enough anxiety to overcome, just learning something new. They don't need untrue, inaccurate mudslinging to further stress them about making a great choice to move to Macs! Others may have differing opinions, but that's mine!

20. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

This thought has crossed my mind as well... :(

21. GUILTIE macrumors regular

It's one thing if they have already purchased the computer, but if they are still looking (OP), they should know all of the possible problems. I really shouldn't have used "everyone", but up to that point I hadn't heard of people without the problem. I don't know if your post was regarding me, but I never said "Macs are bad. Macs have defects. Macs suck". I love Macs :)

22. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I'm next to the apple store right now, and I'm going in to check out some things.. Anyone wants me to check the audio thing?

23. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Please do, I haven't heard of this problem before this thread and I am interested to know what the new ones are like...

24. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Pick me up an iPhone while you are in there... I'll PayPal you next Tuesday :p

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

25. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Audio Jack Problems: :(

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=443692

But I did find some others who weren't experiencing the problem as well! :)

Please do!