Definite Announcements Next Tuesday

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mac-Addict, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I am in an apple store now and one of the staff members confirmed an announcement next Tuesday interducing "new/update" stock and the iPhone is going to be released October onwards in the UK.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It was really nice of that Apple Employee to break his/her NDA agreement to give you the chance to start a new thread! I'd love to know their name so I can personally thank them!

I'm sure you're right because an Apple Employee told you. Are you going to buy whatever this new product is?!

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, they aren't supposed to say stuff like that. but, i guess it's possible that they did.

clearly something is happening tuesday. probably not as much as we anticipate though.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Considering the rumors ALWAYS have me thinking Apple is about to come out with a computer that will walk my dog, cook me breakfast, and call me the next day....I think it's always more than we anticipate. ;)

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

What an idiot. Who risks their entire career at a company just to tell some average consumer about an obvious update?! :rolleyes: We all know something's happening on the 7th, Apple sent out invitations to the media. If I were Apple I'd fire him on the spot - I wouldn't want anyone working for my company who does not repsect an NDA. Very foolish indeed....

6. wilmor42 macrumors regular

wilmor42

considering how retarded most of the apple employees are at the regent street store i'd doubt they'd know anything..:D they probably get bored and go on macrumors to see what kind information they can get their hands on to make themselves look big infront of true apple-ites.. :apple:

7. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I read a rumor that it's about new iMac's... sounded to me like a total redesign but that could also be total BS.

8. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Yeah, I call BS also. :rolleyes:

9. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Hmmm but if the medias have received any invitation for Tuesday the employee did not break the NDA anyway.... The nature of the announcement is completely unknown to anyone at the this time and certainly unknown to such employees and the nature of the announcement is what really matters

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

What exactly about them? The new iMac's design, the new iMac's screen size, the new iMac's what exactly? Finish your sentence please....

11. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

MacServ - The home mac server... hook it up to your airport extreme for timemachine syncing... back up your itunes library... an external apple tv storage device... and running OS X lite.

12. polycat33 macrumors 6502

The rumor I heard was about the design of the iMac's... I saw a (crazy) picture that was possibly the new iMac's keyboard, and if the iMac's are getting a redesign like that it sounds pretty drastic. I've heard from more than one person that there are new iMac's coming out so it could quite likely be that they're being redesigned. It could also be that the coming announcement is not about the iMac's yet.

13. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

I also call BS on an Apple Store employee saying anything.

I am hoping, as are many many others, that Apple updates the Mac Pro with some graphics cards that aren't a year and a half old, and goes two gigs standard on the machine. Hell, the MBP has two gigs standard now. And while they're at it, octo-cores all around since they cost the same as the dual-core Woodcrests now.

14. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Hate to be my cynical self, but how are Apple Store employees going to know about a UK iPhone launch?

However, before i call BS, i must admit- this looks actually quite likely to happen.

15. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I wish it was the 7 th. then all this speculation would be over ..... :)

At least for another while ... :(

16. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Aw, come on, speculation is fun! :p ;) It's why we're here after all... :D

17. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Well ... OK .. :eek:

18. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Haha, that's the spirit! ;)

Plus, we only have 3 more days to wait, so it's not like we have to wait for MWSF or something... ;)

19. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Ohhh ... I do hope it's something interesting !!! .. ;)

MWSF ..??

20. oxymoron2007 macrumors member

MacWorld San Francisco (I'm assuming)

Hopefully something big: I know what I'll be doing on my lunch on Tuesday (did the same thing WWDC 07).

21. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Dohhh .. :eek::eek:

I even went to "urban dictionary" looking for an interpretation .. :eek::eek::eek:

Yes I will also be keeping a keen "look-out" as well.

22. DanB91 macrumors 6502

what "new/updated" stock are u talking about?

23. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, MWSF = MacWorld San Francisco. :) It's held every January. There is also a MacWorld Expo i Paris ever October, so expect to see a few announcements then as well.

But for now, all eyes on on this Tuesday! :cool:

24. oxymoron2007 macrumors member

MacWorld Expo...isn't that were they introduced the current iMac design w/o Steve Jobs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, that was when Steve was out due to his pancreatic cancer at the time. :(

I wonder if Apple will announce any type of Leopard promo with the release of new iMacs next Tuesday. On the one hand, the timing is good for this release such that it will target the back to school market, yet I feel that many would-be purchasers might be hesitant and consider holding off buying a new iMac since they know Leopard is only a couple months away. As a result, I wonder if Apple will provide Leopard discounts to anyone buying one of these new iMacs... hmm... :cool: