delete apple apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bearcats087, Jul 29, 2010.

1. bearcats087 macrumors member

bearcats087

is there any way to delete or hide all the apps apple put on the device such as stocks, weather, maps etc.?

2. geko29 macrumors 6502

I put them all in a folder called "Useless" and banish it to the last page. It's as close to deleting as you can get, unfortunately.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

no

You can hide them if you are jail broken, but that's about it, Even if you remove the .app binary from the phone (once jailbroken), Ituens will put it back once you sync.

4. nathanw macrumors member

Yup, no way to really get rid of this apple garbageware. Like geko29 said, the 'folder of useless apps' is your best bet.

5. illutionz macrumors 65816

I have folder called Useless Apps for
    Contacts -> the Phone app has contacts too who needs these...
    Stocks -> Bloomberg and CNBC Live Ticker is much better
    iTunes -> Never venture to this....

I also banished this folder to 2nd page

6. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Apps like Calculator and Contacts come in handy rather often, but the rest, such as Clock, Compass, Notes, Stocks, Voice Memos, and Weather are pretty useless to me. For Notes & Voice Memos, I use Evernote and/or Awesome Note, and The Weather Channel for weather info.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can’t delete them, but other than putting them a folder like others suggested, you can send them past the last page where they can’t be seen again. You just need to fill the last page with apps. People were doing stuff like this on OS 3. Search if what I said wasn’t the exact procedure, but I know it can be done (I never bothered to do it, since it wasn’t a big deal to me). Then if you want to open one of these apps that are no longer visible, you can use Spotlight.