deleting everything

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daesup45, Jun 5, 2009.

1. daesup45 macrumors member

if i delete all the images from the laptop will it mess up everything. i am talking about when you go to macintosh and on the bottom left were it says search for. if i delete all the things there will it make the laptop act weird or do something bad

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

DON'T DO THAT! OS X uses images, not to mention all your applications. If you want to get rid of a lot of images, go into your pictures folder (located at [username] -> Pictures) and delete stuff from there.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not Windows, doing that is highly ill advised.

4. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Of course, if you delete those Applications, it will delete them from your computer. Why would you want to do that?

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i think Apple could have implemented those smart folders better under "Seach for" by using aliases, or links with out the alias arrow, so newbies dont delete all their files thinking its just a list like in Recent Items.

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

OP, if you don't want those "search for" items in your finder, got to Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and uncheck the boxes for the "search for" items.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Damn bunch of naysayers. I say go ahead and delete them. Please report back here on your results.