Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nmarshall

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Finaly Found a CURE

Go to settings then iCloud then finally go to your photo stream and turn it off it will ask you if you want to delete all of your photos and then you click yes then turn it back on. Hope this helped :)

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Go to settings then iCloud then finally go to your photo stream and turn it off it will ask you if you want to delete all of your photos and then you click yes then turn it back on. Hope this helped :)

That only deletes them from the device and has already been said about 10 times. The advance settings on the iCloud website way has been said about 100 times. Already. The mods should just close this thread as its just gonna carry on with people making the same suggestion over again as they're not reading other posts or think they're comedians.

hubdynamo

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
deleting individual images from computer

It seems that all the images from photo stream on the computer are in hidden folders. I tried dragging an image from the photo stream folder into photoshop, changing it and then saving. When returning to photstream however, the image was in it's original form, yet when dragging this image into photoshop again, the edited version shows.
The path that photoshop uses to save is:

Library/ApplicationSupport/IlifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/ then the image folder with a very long numerical name
(there's a folder for each image with just the one image in )

The IlifeAssetManagement folder is not visible, but I guess using "gas mask" or similar program to make the folder visible, it would be possible to get into the sub folder and delete all or individual images?

blizeH

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
I don't know what's best, the fact people are constantly regurgitating the exact same 'solution', or the fact that said solution basically involves wiping your entire photostream and starting over.

I want something that'll help me sync between my PC, Mac, iPhone and (hopefully, if I get one) iPad - iCloud seems the best (if not only) way of doing so. But to have every single photo automatically uploaded is crazy. It's not so much embarrassing photos, as much as it is temporary photos that I want to take as a note, or ones I want to email myself then instantly delete, or taking 5 shots of the same thing and picking the best one... so many reasons why I'd want to delete single photos from the stream.

Agh.

I'm thinking, ideally, when you go into the 'Photos' app for example, and view everything on your camera roll, you hit 'Edit' and then tap the photos you want to delete, there should be a 'Remove from camera' and also a 'Remove from camera and photostream' option, or something similar.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Same here. The oldest pics in my stream go back 43 days. And counting...
Mine only goes back to October 20, but that is more than 30 days. However, I have exactly 1,000 photos in photo stream so it does honor that part of it.

I have a feeling it is just a rolling 1,000 photos and that they dropped the 30 day thing. Makes since: your last 1,000 photos in the cloud.

Of course in my case those "photos" are 75% screen shots. For the love of God I wish we could suppress PNG photos at the very least. I had been turning off photo stream before taking screen shots but that is a pain, should not be necessary, and I would often forget to turn it back on by the time I was using the actual camera for real photos.

Michael

oxocube

macrumors member
May 30, 2007
For the love of God I wish we could suppress PNG photos at the very least. I had been turning off photo stream before taking screen shots but that is a pain, should not be necessary, and I would often forget to turn it back on by the time I was using the actual camera for real photos.

Word.

I end up taking a lot of screen shots for one reason or another. And yes, it's kind of annoying to have those end up in the stream.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
Hi,

I've set up iCloud on my mac and iPhone and I turned on Photostream, which is an awesome thing to have. Every picture I take with my iPhone gets streamed to the cloud and to my iMac. But here's the annoying thing: EVERY picture I take with my iPhone gets streamed to the cloud. Now I have way too much photos of me in embarrassing situations and positions and I can't find a way to delete them. They all appear on my iMac and in the cloud. To be honest, that's not exactly what I want. So does anyone have an idea how to delete these photos? (I know they will be deletend in 30 days, but I want them deleted now.)
hi ,.. i was reading ur prob earlier on tonight and,..had the same thing happen to me,.. but,... if you go into the ICLOUD web site on the main PAGE that have mail/contact/calinder and so on ,.. ur name will be on the top right hand corner,.. go into that and go to ADVANCED,.. theres an option to ,.. RESET the PHOTO STREAM ,.. just do that and all's back to the start ,... :)
#

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
I don't know what's best, the fact people are constantly regurgitating the exact same 'solution', or the fact that said solution basically involves wiping your entire photostream and starting over.

I want something that'll help me sync between my PC, Mac, iPhone and (hopefully, if I get one) iPad - iCloud seems the best (if not only) way of doing so. But to have every single photo automatically uploaded is crazy. It's not so much embarrassing photos, as much as it is temporary photos that I want to take as a note, or ones I want to email myself then instantly delete, or taking 5 shots of the same thing and picking the best one... so many reasons why I'd want to delete single photos from the stream.

Agh.

I'm thinking, ideally, when you go into the 'Photos' app for example, and view everything on your camera roll, you hit 'Edit' and then tap the photos you want to delete, there should be a 'Remove from camera' and also a 'Remove from camera and photostream' option, or something similar.
i think theres a delay on the time from when you take the picture to the time it up loads,.. and ,.. it only uploads when you are on ,.. wifi,.. any ways,.. so if the pics are deleted be4 then,.. they can't get uploaded,.. the second option would be to play around with the settings on the PREFERENCES in iPhoto
BUT FROM reading what you want the stream for,.. id recommend,.. that you take as many photos as you like and then ,.. when reviewing them on iPhoto pick the ones that you want , put them in a folder in your albums/events,.. .. and then reset the stream,.. like the camera ,.. theres no limit on that,.. but we never let it get to big,.. so why would we with the stream,.. if you go to the iCloud ,.. and on the main page go to ur name ,.. hit it and go to advanced,.. theres an option to reset THE PHOTO stream,.. :) hope this helped

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland

I want something that'll help me sync between my PC, Mac, iPhone and (hopefully, if I get one) iPad - iCloud seems the best (if not only) way of doing so. But to have every single photo automatically uploaded is crazy.

i gave you some bad advice ,.. last nite,.. newbie to all of this,.. and only read the first few posts,.. none of which had the advanced thing in it,.. so sorry for regurgitating the same thing over again ,.. been working on the prob my self,.. and till apple adapt something similar to your idea,.. i think the best thing,.. would be,... if at home,.. either turn of the wifi in settings be4 you take the photos,.. or put the phone on AIRPORT till such pics are taken,... delete the ones you don't want,.. and turn back on AIRPORT/ wifi,.. and there you go,.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
Let's just agree that we all don't agree on this topic.

In my case the subject line seems obvious that it is about deleting Photostream photos "in" the stream as opposed to all of "the" stream.

I think we can all agree PhotoStream does need a way to selectively delete photos from the stream.

Michael

hi ,.. if you turn on AIRPORT be4 taking any pictures,.. just delete the ones you don't want and,.there you go,.... the stream needs ,.. wifi to upload,.. !! ,.. till APPLE do put in an option to DESELECT pics from the stream,.. its the best option,..

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
hi ,.. if you turn on AIRPORT be4 taking any pictures,.. just delete the ones you don't want and,.there you go,.... the stream needs ,.. wifi to upload,.. !! ,.. till APPLE do put in an option to DESELECT pics from the stream,.. its the best option,..
Do you write ransom notes as your day job? :)

But seriously, yes you can turn off wifi and it will prevent photostream uploading. Still does not address the issue of deleting existing photos in the stream.

Michael

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
I think the problem is people aren't using Photo Stream the right way. Photo Stream in my opinion is not really for managing or viewing your photos. It is only for getting your photos from your device to your computer and having an easy backup available.

Once the photos are on your computer, you view, arrange, manage, and delete them with Albums. The photostream is just a history of all pictures you've taken in the last 30 days/1000 photos. Just don't use it for viewing. Use Albums for that.

brussell26

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2011
this is getting aggravating. I'm trying to delete my entire photostream on my ipad. I followed their instructions and it still is not giving me an option to delete it. anyone got any ideas.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
this is getting aggravating. I'm trying to delete my entire photostream on my ipad. I followed their instructions and it still is not giving me an option to delete it. anyone got any ideas.

ipad / macbook pro/ iphone,.. it makes no difference which device you are using,.. its ICLOUD ,.. that you delete the stream in,.. just in case you had not read the earlier posts,.. its in advanced ,.. in the cloud !!

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Good news! iOS 5.1 will enable us to delete photos from the photo stream! One by one!!

On that note, the mods should close this thread of extreme deja vu!!!

98lwatso

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2008
I wonder if anyone has thought how a solution would manifest itself? I like the fact that you currently don't intervene to have photos land on your PC or Mac which saves me connecting up my iPhone for instance. But what extra steps would be need to take in order to select which pictures are uploaded to the stream?

I thought the only way around it was to have an option in the Camera app itself (add it to the options where the Grid and HDR are) that says "Add photos to photostream" which means you could toggle uploading as you take pictures.

In addition, for all those who want to share screenshots and downloaded pics in the camera roll an option in the little export icon that says "Share via Photostream" would be a good solution. Then you are controlling what you want to share as opposed to saying what you don't want to share.

Anyone else thought of other ways this could work?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I wonder if anyone has thought how a solution would manifest itself? I like the fact that you currently don't intervene to have photos land on your PC or Mac which saves me connecting up my iPhone for instance. But what extra steps would be need to take in order to select which pictures are uploaded to the stream?

I thought the only way around it was to have an option in the Camera app itself (add it to the options where the Grid and HDR are) that says "Add photos to photostream" which means you could toggle uploading as you take pictures.

In addition, for all those who want to share screenshots and downloaded pics in the camera roll an option in the little export icon that says "Share via Photostream" would be a good solution. Then you are controlling what you want to share as opposed to saying what you don't want to share.

Anyone else thought of other ways this could work?

Easy, the way it now works in 5.1, manually delete from the stream on an iOS device. :) much easier than your suggestion. You're not sharing a photostream anyway, only you have access to it.

98lwatso

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2008
Easy, the way it now works in 5.1, manually delete from the stream on an iOS device. :) much easier than your suggestion. You're not sharing a photostream anyway, only you have access to it.

Cool, when are we likely to see it??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.