deleting pictures from ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alyssat, Oct 30, 2010.

1. alyssat macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPod touch from someone and there are still some of his pictures on the iPod. Is there any way for me to delete these?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes, use the Restore feature in iTunes. That or go to Settings > General > Reset.

Select the appropriate option and you good to go.

3. alyssat thread starter macrumors newbie

will this also delete the songs I just put synced? Or get rid of the music I have on iTunes?

4. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

To make things easier I would just plug the iPod into the computer and click on restore in the iPod window in iTunes. This will completely wipe the device back to it's brand new state.

5. eddy2099 macrumors member

If the Photos are in the Photo Rolls, once you since the iTunes to the computer, it should pop up a folder (in Windows) and you can delete the files like normal files. Not sure about the steps in Mac.

If the Photos are in Photo Library, You would need to is to plug the iPod Touch to your computer and in iTunes, go to the devices tab and under 'Photos', you either uncheck the Sync option or Sync it to a folder which does not contain photos and do a Sync or Refresh. This will prompt you if you want to delete the photos on the iPod touch.

6. anschnaller macrumors member

anschnaller

you should be able to delete them right on the ipod. hit hte trash can

7. eddy2099 macrumors member

That is true if they are pictures in the photo roll but does not hold true if they are in photo library