Delicious Library worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GizmoDVD, Feb 11, 2009.

1. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Looking for a program to track my DVD, Blu-ray AND HD DVD titles...I heard Delicious Library 2 was great but so was DVDPedia and Collectorz. Do any of the three track the above three Movie formats?

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

3. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Have not used either or had an interest in such program. But after taking a look I have decided I am getting one and am between Delicious Library 2 or DVDpedia. I like with with Delicious Library 2 I can catalog anything. DVDs, Books, Jewelry, and so on. This would be great for an insurance records. I think I am going to myself Delicious Library 2 but I would like to hear some opinions of each. Thanks.

4. Polska macrumors member

Delicious Library 2 is almost Perfect

Hey there,

I think I can give some feedback. I've been testing DL2 for a month or so and I can say that the software is impressive. I have a DVD collection of around 900 DVDs that I used to catalog with AMC for Windows (Ant Movie Catalog). First of all, to import from AMC to DL2 was almost seamless (of course, adjusting the fields and etc will always need some corrections). Using the iSight to scan the barcodes seems very impressive to me and works pretty fine if you bought it in one of the countries that is supported by the software (unfortunately the barcode scan does not with with Brazilian products yet).

I still trying to figure out a way that I can have an unique catalog #. This is important to me considering that with 900 DVDs is hard to locate them in a shelf and I am not planning on trying to keep all in alphabetical order. Besides that, I highly recommend the software.

Erick Pessôa

5. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Does delicious library 2 give you the ability to create your own catagories? I saw on their website that they have categories for such things as DVDs, Books, Jewlery, Tools, but can I create my own, Thanks.

6. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

What's the best (free) way to post my collection online? Can it link to a Wordpress or something like that?

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Export DL to your own website.

8. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

BTW, DL for the iPhone has been removed from the Appstore because of new amazon TOS. And it looks like it won't be back anytime soon.

9. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Do I have to do this for every update?

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Is this software for simply inputing your DVD or Book collection etc into your computer for easy reference?

12. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Arg. Any simple free website where I could do the exporting to? MobileMe is nice...but not $99 nice.

13. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I have had it for a long while now and I have to say I really like it. I like the idea of being able to keep track of all my media, games and software in one place. For example, I can create different shelves to keep track of what dvd/tv shows I have ripped and have not ripped, as a sort of shopping cart/wish list. As far as your own catagories-not really. I mean you can create a new shelf but it would be very cumbersome to add things to it as you would have to add it manually. Could you possibly give an example of what kind of category you want? I mean right now they have books, movies, software, toys, music, video games, gadgets, tools and clothes. Is there something that either of these categories could not fill?

14. reubs macrumors 68000

This is a crappy move on Amazon's part, IMO. I missed the app while it was available (don't follow DM on Twitter...oops). Can anyone tell me how much the companion app sold for on the App Store?

15. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

It was free.

Until Amazon change these terms I will be voicing my opinion with my wallet, the DVD I bought on monday will be the last thing I buy from them.

16. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

I get what the software is. Is there is a free alternative?

17. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

So any free websites where I can host my Delicious Library stuff?

18. GizmoDVD thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone have problems with Delicious Library and Snow Leopard? Delicious is incredibly slow and when I try and scroll through my library it either freezes or the screen turns the color of the background shelves. Im running the latest version too.

19. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

No problems here. The first time scrolling through the list, there's a slight delay as it caches the case images, but then it's smooth. I have around 400 in my library.

20. intheBAG macrumors newbie

intheBAG

DL2 with Snow Leopard

I have been having a few problems with the app in snow leopard, nothing too serious though. I have both DVDpedia and DL2. Both are good, but lately DL is giving me problems with publishing to iWeb. If anyone has some help for me that would be great. It's probably just the fact that the update hasn't come out.

21. muz10 macrumors newbie

Freezing

Just upgraded to Mavericks, and Delicious Library freezes every time I try to use it. It needs an update before you use it with Mavericks

22. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Since the post is from 2009, I doubt they care much anymore. DL hasn't been updated since then; it looks like it is complete abandonware now. It's a shame, it was a nice piece of software.

23. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Delicious Library 2 had numerous updates since '09. Delicious Library 3 was released many months ago on the Mac App Store.

24. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Wow, didn't notice, I gave up watching a few years back. Good to know.