Delivered by 10:00am ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rm2092, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

If I order from Apple will my iPad be delivered by 10am or some time that day ? I have to leave my house by 11:30 for work and I just do not want to play delivery tag with FedX because I was not home at the time and no, there is no one else home at that time.

2. bouldermac macrumors member

print out the form and presign for delivery

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It depends on what delivery service your iPad is shipped with, but I would not count on 10am delivery. Usually Apple uses either a by 3pm or "by end of day" service b/c it's a lot cheaper. If you live in a low traffic neighborhood you can "pre sign" for it on your order page once it ships and they'll leave it at your door. You can also ask Apple to tell FedEx or UPS that you'd like to p/u at the station instead of it being delivered.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Probably not. On iPhone launch day my UPS driver showed up at 7:15 pm.

5. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Depends how far the delivering service is in route to your house. If its the trucks first stop, it'll be there by 7am. It depends where you live, apple doesn't give them a time.

6. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

That's what I was thinking, I'm going to the Best Buy that is like a mile from my house and see if they have pre orders yet ? I'll post up if they do.

7. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Our iPhone 4S was delivered at 11:00 PM and looked like it had been run over by a truck.

I opted for in store pickup this time.

8. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Only way your device would be delivered to your house at 10am or before is if you "happen" to be early on the drivers route. Residential delivery can be from early morning to 5, 6 7 or even 8 pm if they are really over loaded.

If you leave the house you need to have a signed delivery tag or do so at the Apple site that relieves them from responsibility for leaving it at the door. I would not do that as people have been know to follow these trucks on Apple product delivery days.

10. Thadon macrumors member

Every Apple device I have pre-ordered comes by 9am for me.

11. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

why not take a day off? It's only for 1 day, that's what I'll be doing. ;)

12. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

My original iPad was delivered the day before the official release.

However, this was in the UK and the release was two months after the US, not on the same day!

13. jakebechtold macrumors member

jakebechtold

I've found UPS and FedEx deliver to homes later in the day, but business earlier in the day.

When I ordered my 4th Gen iPod Touch (shipped to my house) in Sept 2010 it arrived at 5:30pm. When I ordered my iPhone 4S this last October (shipped to my office) it arrived just before 10am. My iPad 3 is being shipped to my office :D

I would suggest getting it redirected to your place of work if being there for it's arrival is a concern (not sure if FedEx will redirect but UPS will).

14. pavvento macrumors 6502

I think you're right, this is why they have the box to check if the address is a business, as they know people won't be there after 5pm whereas residential addresses have a better chance of someone being there.

15. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

No pre orders yet at Best Buy but I know one of the guys in there from hanging out to much over there anyways he has my number and will call me when the pre orders start ?

16. mikepro macrumors 6502

Yeah, I read a trick (after ordering mine :( ) that if you check that box that your address is a business, you should get it earlier in the day, but not necessarily before 10am...

17. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

im a bit "empty" on this, but what about UPS My Choice... [only for UPS duh]
    http://www.ups.com/mychoice/

i don't think Fed Ex does this, and obviously I don't know if you could ask Apple to ship your package via UPS but it's out there :)

18. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

My experience exactly, home delivery for me was always mid-late afternoon while office delivery was between 9-10 am.

19. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

I would have it delivered at my work but my problem is I'll be on the road all day and the Stupivisor will open up all boxes delivered even thow it will have my name on it.

20. Nothlit macrumors regular

You can also have a FedEx shipment held for pickup at a local FedEx Office (aka Kinkos).

21. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

A friend of mine is a Fedex driver, and she ordered an iPad yesterday. She said, "great, I just created more work for myself". :D She hates Apple launch days because she has to get signatures.

Delivery time is based on where you are on the route for this stuff. If you don't want to presign, you can call the carrier after the first attempt and have them hold it at the depot for pickup. Apple usually requires the carrier to make one delivery attempt before they're allowed to hold it at the facility.

22. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

got my shipping notification a little while ago. march 16th via UPS. it is a business address so perhaps that's the difference. i wonder if it'll arrive early like my last iphone. the iphone was a day early and i THINK 3 day's transit. i'm sure this won't show up that quick but maybe mid week? though "world ease" doesn't sound encouraging!

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 03/16/2012, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Departed - EPZ, China, Thursday, 03/08/2012

Product:
    WORLD EASE
    Shipped/Billed On:
    03/08/2012
    Type:
    Package
    Weight:
    1.30 kgs

Shipment Progress

Location Date Local Time Activity
    EPZ, China 03/08/2012 9:31 P.M. Departure Scan
    03/08/2012 6:27 P.M. Origin Scan
    China 03/08/2012 7:13 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

23. Bladerunner99 macrumors member

Fedex is not allowed to release Apple products so no point in signing a note. Either have someone at home or you can pick it up at the local facility. Your delivery time will be determined by how close you live to your local businesses as those are usually given priority!

24. Nothlit macrumors regular

On multiple occasions I have printed out an official FedEx pre-release form from Apple's web site that can be signed and posted prior to the first delivery attempt. Never had any problems.

25. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

This is why I like having a business mailbox at a ups store. No playing tag or looking out the window constantly to avoid missing the delivery, and I get an email notification as soon as a package arrives. Then I go down the block to pick it up instead of some remote FedEx or UPS facility.

Typically business deliveries (if you check that box) are delivered early because most offices close by 5 or 5:30 so if they show up at 7 or later they have 0 chance of success.

Then they figure people come home from work around 6 or 6:30 so 7 or 8 are good delivery times there.