Delivery Dates 4/24-5/8

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iMacoo7, Apr 10, 2015.

1. iMacoo7 macrumors 6502

iMacoo7

My question to the masses that were able to get in and order their choice of watch early (This is my first time ever pre-ordering), Do the dates eventually change with this sort of thing? Or are they usually permanent? Ive been checking my status to see if the time frame will drop off to 4/24...
    Another thing: How many were able to get the concrete date of 4/24?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

No one has only a 4/24 date, it's the same range as you. Probably won't change until the order goes to preparing for shipment.

3. iMacoo7 thread starter macrumors 6502

iMacoo7

I thought so, but I have ran across a few posts stating that their delivery date is "4/24" and nothing more. While the masses seem to have 4/24-5/8 time frame... Thank you for your response

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Also, typical Apple products have an exact delivery date. Apple added the "to May 8" range as an extra cushion, but I'd say they will try to deliver by April 24.

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Yep 4/24 - 5/8

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

This is only the preliminary 'mode' for the shipping status for pre order launches.

I've been through this with iPhone 3GS, 4S, 6+, etc...

This is a cushion for Apple to begin getting everything in place for the week of the 20th. It is then I believe you will hear stories/blog updates about shipments making it to distribution centers in USA, Canada, Europe, stores gearing up etc...

Then I guess around Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday that week we will see cc/debit charges, and changes to our shipments (for some lucky people of course ;) ) to my favorite status: "ships by: April 24th"

Very standard launch where simply demand exceeds supply. It is just insane as they would say. :apple:

7. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

They are just using the shorthand of 4/24. No one has a singular date yet.

8. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Spoke to sales reps at a couple of Apple Stores, and they all say the same thing - they're giving date ranges, not specific dates, for delivery. It's best to under-promise and over-deliver than the other way around.

9. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

[​IMG]

This is what confuses me about the release date. To me this is implying that Apple Stores will have stock on 4/24 since the ship date for online orders are between 4/24 and 5/8. Maybe the delivery date will be set in stone in a week or so? The way Apple handles release dates are confusing and vague. (ie iPad Air 2)

10. technosix macrumors 6502a

They were trained with a very firm hand to say exactly the same thing.

Speculating is a complete waste of time. They will be shipped when they are ready. "under-promise and over-deliver" is what people want to hear, Apple's the master at spinning a good story.

I've participated in well over twenty pre-order launches. Apple generally does well for most, not all orders. They can't be expected to since they've become a giant mass market manufacturer.

11. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

All I know is I better have a UPS delivery on the 24th.

12. aohare37 macrumors newbie

I think if it says 04/26 05/08 u will have it on launch day

13. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Guess it's similar to what they do on waiting lists at restaurants. They'll give you a longer time estimate than when they actually plan on seating you.

14. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

If you have seen any of my posts you would have read just 4/24. Being lazy is all, I just have not typed out the full date range. Don't even want to now for this reply. Ha.

15. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

Pre-auth fell off

Ordered the Space Gray sport at 3:01am with apple pay using barclaycard, took less than 2 minutes. I had immediately seen a pre-authorization on my cards website, but as of a couple of hours ago the pre-authorization fell off

16. aohare37 macrumors newbie

I have ordered two on my card and haven't seen the charge I am thinking that it will not show up until later when it ships

17. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

I believe that is the case. I think it even said that at checkout.

18. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Probably just apples checkout system checking to see if your card was valid.

19. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I have one charge on my card, one authorization, pretty typical.

20. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

No authorization charges for me.. maybe Apple pay doesn't require them since they know it's a valid card ?

21. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

My Apple pay one charged me the full amount. I couldn't care less but others might.

22. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Got charged the full amount for mine through Apple Pay, too.

23. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

This is so strange ... after all the problems I have been having with these orders I kinda wonder if I will even get it on launch day :(

24. mrcobra92 macrumors 6502

Apple Pay has to because the token can't be used for two transactions, on a credit card, a $1 test transaction goes through jus to make sure the card is valid, Apple Pay must do it all up front as the $1 charge would be considered the transaction and the token no longer valid. Also, I doubt tokens remain open fr two weeks anyway, so even if they did hold onto the token, it would be dead by the time they try and charge it, also, I'm assuming when you make a new Apple Pay purchase, any previous unused tokens become invalid. So that's why Apple Pay must charge in full up front.

25. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

This is wrong. I use Apple Pay to pay for gas, and this is objectively wrong. Sorry.