Delivery of my new macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by araah, Jul 17, 2012.

1. araah macrumors newbie

Hi guys, just purchased my first mac, its the new macbook pro 13"! I am tracking my order and it is supposed to be delivered by Syncreon. The tracking says the following: See attached image.

[​IMG]

So what does this mean? if its out for delivery right now, is the driver going to be driving for 18 hours till 6pm -.- Just a little confused. Is there a chance of it coming earlier than 6pm, as the Hinckley place is around 100 miles away from me in the UK.

Also if you have any suggestions or tips on the first things to do/ download for my mac, i would appreciate it!
    thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

The waiting is the best part! Grats on your new mac. If your familiar with computers, might want to look at Onyx, its a cleaning utility tool, but be sure you know what your doing, its possible to screw your comp up if ya don't .

3. Dwhite78 macrumors regular

When you create the first user for the Mac, name it administrator. Give it a password, and then when you get to the desktop, go create your real user account and don't give it admin privileges. Then log out of the admin account and into your newly created user account.

Just one step in creating a very secure environment for your Internet pleasure :)

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I still remember buying my first mac. It was a White 13" MacBook. Was hooked instantly and I am now on my 5th Mac. I get excited when I get friends and family to buy a Mac and the joy they get from them as well.

5. araah thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, yeah i have probably been on the order tracking page over 100 times in the last two days to see if its moving lol @Dwhite ill remeber to keep that in mind ;)

I have all of the new idevices and wasnt too sure if i wanted to purchase a mac as i am in love with my vaio s series which is a power machine that i use for all my design work etc. But at 15" it wasnt the most portable of laptops. I decided to get a new smaller laptop so i opted for a 13" macbook pro! So far im purchasing coda 2 from the mac app store and there doesnt seem to be an online appstore that i can browser on my pc so i can scope out which apps i should buy first.

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

7. araah thread starter macrumors newbie

Its here!!!! I took pictures of the unboxing :)
    I Love it!!!
    I have a few questions tho guys. Youtube doesnt seem to work on safari. Do you guys know what the problem is?i get the message 'this video is currently unavailable' for all videos. I tried youtube on mozilla and it worked fine.

Another question i have is.... Wil using an external hard drive for a time machine back up delete content in that hard drive from my PC or any content for that matter? If so is there a way to combat this or create some sort of partition without delteing my files currently on the system?

Thank You

----------

actually, its lightning fast D:

8. negativzero macrumors 6502

You need to install flash to view videos on YouTube. Or you can do what I do and drop Flash completely and use Click2Plugin instead.

As for backing up, you need to format your drive as HFS or you won't be able to use your current drive to do Time Machine backups. So I guess this means you prob need to get a new hard drive.

9. araah thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks or the replies guys! And negative you are the an! i have it sorted now. I have another question though. How can i get my mail app to act like the mail app on my iPhone, so it only downloads the most recent 50 messages, instead of the 1000's i have in my inbox?

10. pankajdobariya macrumors newbie

i purchased my mac air from india and from reliance retail store. who is apple's exclusive retail partner in india.

11. Sjwhite26 macrumors newbie

Syncreon don't deliver it to you, they are a middleman who will deliver it to UKMail. Try your tracking number on that site. My new MBP 13 arrived yesterday, it's beautiful! I just don't really know what I'm doing after a million years of windows only..... :)

12. araah thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha same with me I just got mine delivered today. I love windows and have used it for the last 10 years. I have all the iDevices etc so thought I'd get a mac as it's more portable than my Vaio. I'll be honest... I kind of prefer windows in some aspects. I'm not too fond of the chunky small bold text that apple has going on as standard and I kind of like the sharpe transparent windows etc on it. However! I love apple and I won't knock it! It's a good looking product, Though I prefer the design of the Vaio s series! I think the apple is my fastest laptop yet!

13. Sjwhite26 macrumors newbie