Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Getting to room temperature

Attachments

• iMac2012.jpg
    iMac2012.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
blimey that keyboard looks tiny compared to that mac

im looking at my wireless keyboard and wondering if I have underestimated the size of this thing,

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
im looking at my wireless keyboard and wondering if I have underestimated the size of this thing,

I was expecting it to be huge going on what everyone has been saying but I must say it wasn't as overwhelmingly large as I thought it would be. I have a long, relatively narrow desk though so it looks just perfect to me! I would say that though, wouldn't I?!

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I was expecting it to be huge going on what everyone has been saying but I must say it wasn't as overwhelmingly large as I thought it would be. I have a long, relatively narrow desk though so it looks just perfect to me! I would say that though, wouldn't I?!

yep after all that money!

its going to be a big change from my old 20" though.. at least I hope so!

it looks great, nice desk too, enjoy :)

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just checked and they charged my card -- waiting for those magical words to appear "preparing for shipment"!! I am starting to get excited :D Ordered 12/27 from Apple store.

3.4GHz i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GTX 680MX
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE

That's awesome! But that doesn't explain why my order with the EXACT SAME CONFIG has still not moved from "processing" even though I ordered on 12/22! :mad:
Every day this makes less and less sense...
What part of the country are you in BTW?

CMUfoto89

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Michigan
That's awesome! But that doesn't explain why my order with the EXACT SAME CONFIG has still not moved from "processing" even though I ordered on 12/22! :mad:
Every day this makes less and less sense...
What part of the country are you in BTW?

I am in MI - I'm sure yours will be shipping soon. Apple shipping procedures NEVER make sense - you will make yourself crazy trying to figure them out - lol
;)

b3enthusiast

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
My iMac Is On The Way

Fellow Board Members,

I'm new (although I've been lurking and reading your posts about the BTO 27" iMacs).......thanks for all the great posts.

Ordered on 12/27......got up this morning and checked my credit card and Apple has taken my money out sometime during the night......so, I'm sure that my machine is on the move.

It is headed to me in Las Vegas......will be used for photo and video editing (raw files with Photoshop, Nik Software, OnOne Software, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro)......

My Configuration:
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

I guess I need to buy my 32g of RAM today........
b3

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
lucky you! i'm still waiting though. i recieved an email from some support representative after responding honestly (read: negatively) about my experience with the apple online store and this ordering process and they included a numeric pad keyboard and super drive so i decided to wait one more week. so if my order doesn't ship within the 4 weeks they are telling everyone i can honestly say i gave them a chance...despite the erratic fulfillment process.

ohhh that is tempting to complain for the free stuff hahahaha

Stevi

macrumors member
This morning I got some unwanted news:

Weather conditions might delay delivery of this shipment. This is the most current information available. Please track again later for status updates.

Since I'm stuck at home with pneumonia updates on its arrival was keeping me sane, having to wait more is disappointing. Oh well I'll be better when it gets here (I hope).

Billyforce

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Preparing for Shipment

Ordered On 2-Jan-2013

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB (+ Crucial 16GB)
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
COUNTRY KIT

Vancouver, BC. Canada
WOOHOO!!

b3enthusiast

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Reply to Turtlez

ohhh that is tempting to complain for the free stuff hahahaha

It is discouraging to see people receive notification of shipment on machines they ordered after you ordered yours.......it just doesn't seem fair......that's why I never registered on the board and posted, because I figured that there were others who "deserved" to get their machines before I got mine.

I do think that Apple needs to take a look at it's communication with customers......they could learn a few things from Domino's Pizza.......when I order a Domino's Pizza I can track it from order to final delivery. (although I realize there are major differences between a pizza and a computer I can guarantee you there are not as many people calling Domino's these days demanding to know where their pizza is).

If you feel that Apple has slighted you or that they have not lived up to your expectations then they need to know what they need to do to make you a happy customer......a good business always takes this route.

I hope you receive a "preparing for shipment" notification today.

b3

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It is discouraging to see people receive notification of shipment on machines they ordered after you ordered yours.......it just doesn't seem fair......that's why I never registered on the board and posted, because I figured that there were others who "deserved" to get their machines before I got mine.

I do think that Apple needs to take a look at it's communication with customers......they could learn a few things from Domino's Pizza.......when I order a Domino's Pizza I can track it from order to final delivery. (although I realize there are major differences between a pizza and a computer I can guarantee you there are not as many people calling Domino's these days demanding to know where their pizza is).

If you feel that Apple has slighted you or that they have not lived up to your expectations then they need to know what they need to do to make you a happy customer......a good business always takes this route.

I hope you receive a "preparing for shipment" notification today.

b3
As another 12/22 order that is still in processing-land, I totally agree with everything above!
I have called twice in the past few days and they are always very nice, but like everyone else on here, they give me no useful information (because they don't have any to give!)
I let them know about my frustration seeing the exact same config ordered 5 days after me ship and they apologized and said "hopefully" mine will ship in the next few days...no offer of free stuff, though :(

Great illustrative example using Domino's BTW!

Jedijuhl

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Vancouver Canada
Ordered On 2-Jan-2013

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB (+ Crucial 16GB)
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
COUNTRY KIT

Vancouver, BC. Canada
WOOHOO!!

I ordered almost the same set up (went with the 1TB hard drive) on Jan 1. I'm in Vancouver as well. It'll be fun to see if they come on the same flight! Mine still shows "Processing" fingers crossed it'll change sometime next week :)

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
I guess it's time for me to retire from here as my BTO iMac got deliverd this morning. I hope u all get you're macs ASAP as it seems apple is ramping up production. Good luck to all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.