Delivery time for BTO iMacs

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
I ordered a BTO 27" iMac. The only options are a 512 SSD and Trackpad instead of MM. It has been in processing for 4 days. Seems like an awful long time. Apple web site says 1-3 days. Passed that time.

Impatient or SSD shortage?

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I ordered a BTO 27" iMac. The only options are a 512 SSD and Trackpad instead of MM. It has been in processing for 4 days. Seems like an awful long time. Apple web site says 1-3 days. Passed that time.

Impatient, its the holiday season so they're busy. Relax you have plenty of time before Xmas.

Nismo73

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2013
Probably had a pulse of orders from Black Friday that put bto order times a little longer.

ender78

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2005
Relax you have plenty of time before Xmas.
I hit refresh on the shipping at least 20 times :) One wants to closely track the birth of their third or fourth [In my case 5th Apple computer]. You don't tell an expectant father to "relax" :p

AndrewMRiv

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
I ordered my first 27" iMac yesterday (Saturday) but it has not been shipped yet (today is Sunday). I also added a SSD to mine.

It states that it will be shipped in 1-3 business days, so I'll hopefully be receiving it sometime later this week.

I will let you know how long mine took to arrive.
iMac 27" 3.2ghz quad core i5, 8gm RAM, 256gb SSD.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I ordered my first 27" iMac yesterday (Saturday) but it has not been shipped yet (today is Sunday). I also added a SSD to mine.

It states that it will be shipped in 1-3 business days, so I'll hopefully be receiving it sometime later this week.

I will let you know how long mine took to arrive.
iMac 27" 3.2ghz quad core i5, 8gm RAM, 256gb SSD.
Uhhhh Saturday & Sunday are NOT business days. The earliest it will ship is Monday or as late as Wednesday, then it will take a time for the shipper to get it to your front door. Seriously, did you think Saturday or Sunday were business days?????

AndrewMRiv

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
Uhhhh Saturday & Sunday are NOT business days. The earliest it will ship is Monday or as late as Wednesday, then it will take a time for the shipper to get it to your front door. Seriously, did you think Saturday or Sunday were business days?????
Sorry if I was unclear, but I was intending to point out that I ordered on a weekend so it would help give a fair judgement on how long it took to ship.

So no, i did not mean to say those were business days.

I was being optimistic on it shipping early this week and getting to me near the end of the week.

Last edited:

2trout

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Tucson
we ordered our iMac yesterday morning, Saturday, by yesterday late afternoon we had shipping confirmation and shipping label, by today it is on its way, so I guess they do ship on Saturdays................

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
we ordered our iMac yesterday morning, Saturday, by yesterday late afternoon we had shipping confirmation and shipping label, by today it is on its way, so I guess they do ship on Saturdays................
They do however i doubt your machine was a CTO model, it was probably one of the standard iMac models.

quasibinaer

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Hannover, Germany
I ordered on Dec 3rd, 27" with an i7 and 1 TB Fusiondrive. The website estimates delivery (despite express shipping) around the 17th, so that´s quite the wait I think.
Black Friday might have impacted on that, but then it´s probably not their first holiday season and they might (read: should) have anticipated a certain increase in volume.

quasibinaer

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Hannover, Germany
I ordered on Dec 3rd, 27" with an i7 and 1 TB Fusiondrive. The website estimates delivery (despite express shipping) around the 17th, so that´s quite the wait I think.
Black Friday might have impacted on that, but then it´s probably not their first holiday season and they might (read: should) have anticipated a certain increase in volume.
Apple today surprised me by shipping it early and estimating delivery on the 12th! Which is quite handy since I have to lift all my data over before the 20th...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra

If it hasn't changed status yet, then I would call Apple as it's now several days past where it should've shipped.

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
Apple today surprised me by shipping it early and estimating delivery on the 12th! Which is quite handy since I have to lift all my data over before the 20th...
If it hasn't changed status yet, then I would call Apple as it's now several days past where it should've shipped.
It just changed status. Mine went the other way. :(

Only thing I changed was the 512 SSD and a trackpad. Ordered on the 4th and now won't ship until possibly the 13th.

ender78

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2005
Mine took a full 5 business days to Canada via Orange, CA [No tracking seen in China, order started in Orange CA]. Order Black Friday, machine arrived yesterday [a day ahead of schedule], paid only for free shipping.

IA64

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2013
Ordered mine on the 22 of October through Premium reseller ( no Apple Store here )... still not delivered yet.... I'm slowly losing my temper

ender78

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2005
Ordered mine on the 22 of October through Premium reseller ( no Apple Store here )... still not delivered yet.... I'm slowly losing my temper
What country are you in? That really sounds like an abnormally long time!

cocky jeremy

macrumors 601
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
My BTO was 4 days. Shipping was (free) next day. Came with Mavericks preinstalled. Arrived Monday.

EDIT: I did regular shipping, during my BTO time I decided to call and pay to have them upgrade shipping. Apple offered FREE next day shipping right away. Crazy! Customer service is reason enough to stick to Apple!

Last edited:

ender78

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2005
My BTO was 4 days. Shipping was (free) next day. Came with Mavericks preinstalled. Arrived Monday.

EDIT: I did regular shipping, during my BTO time I decided to call and pay to have them upgrade shipping. Apple offered FREE next day shipping right away. Crazy! Customer service is reason enough to stick to Apple!
I called to change from the Magic Mouse to the trackpad and they threw it in, I get both for free now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.