Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
Remember Packard Bell?
Well before they boned out of the US market, they tried to sell
all these "leet" designs for crap. Watch, their notebooks are going to
get futuristic like Packard Bells. 1.21 gigawatts! ahhaha Seriously
though.. I expect the next line will have a littl antenna or something
that will come out the side when u push a button.
I actually just went to packardbell.com
theyre still in business.
wow.
Poor Europeans!

acio

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2010
In my opinion, Dell has done a good job making a thinner notebook, and has some interesting innovations, but the design sucks.

The innovations are:
i) how the notebook stands when opened, because as someone said this will make the cooling more efficient and will avoid the heat on your lap. However, I don't know how comfortable this would be to your lap and to your hands, and it looks so bad.
ii) the "slide your finger to open it". It is an innovation, however it's pretty useless.

What sucks about the design:
i) Looks great when closed, but looks awful when open.
ii) I also don't like the frame around the screen.

Another disadvantage to me is Windows. I hate it. But that's just personal. The only good thing about Windows is the availability of software and compatible hardware, but that's only because it is the most used operating system, and how do you fix that? by not using Windows. So I'll either use Mac OS X or Linux and add a tiny percent to their market share.

Maks

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2009
I don't think it looks horrible, but I'd agree that the forced tilt with that monster hinge seems ridiculous.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
4071525794_dbcdca890e.jpg

Wow, that is ugly.

PowerGamerX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
Very disappointing, especially since the first Adamo was absolutely gorgeous (at least in black), and very well built.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Very disappointing, especially since the first Adamo was absolutely gorgeous (at least in black), and very well built.

I never thought people gave the original Adamo enough credit. It actually is now a really great product at a much fairer price than the current outdated "pricing" on the v 2,1 MBA. At least Dell has dropped the prices and improved considerably. One can buy an Adamo with a 2.13 GHz CPU, 256 GB SSD, and 4 GB RAM.... that's something most of us MBA fans dream of!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.