Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW 20.1 Inch Widescreen LCD. $426 with ...



shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
3,386
130
Purcellville, VA
WildCowboy said:
Depends where you are...Dell charges tax if you're shipping to any of 21 states.
And if you're not in one of those states, you're supposed to pay it yourself on your tax form at the end of the year. (Unless you live in a state without sales tax, like NH or DE).

(Please don't reply and tell me that nobody actually pays this tax. It isn't true, and "everybody does it" isn't an excuse to violate the law.)
 

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
1,843
0
here (for now)
i bought one when they were priced around $500 ... still a great deal. $397 is a freakin' steal. It uses the same LCD found in the Apple displays (just a different backlight). ;)

... and with Tiger you can use it vertically. :)

shamino - ... don't forget to pay your taxes so you too can pay for America's Army. :rolleyes: [for the record ... i pay my taxes and i have played AA; it's quite good though, no widescreen resolution for the Dell]


peace | neut
 

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
1,583
0
Sacramento, CA, USA
Will the 20.1 inch Dell LCD work with my 12" PowerBook rev. A? I know there's an adapter, but does it work with my PowerBook? And will my PowerBook support 1680 x 1050 resolution?

Thank you!
 

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
1,843
0
here (for now)
sethypoo said:
Will the 20.1 inch Dell LCD work with my 12" PowerBook rev. A? I know there's an adapter, but does it work with my PowerBook? And will my PowerBook support 1680 x 1050 resolution?

Thank you!
It should with the miniDVI > DVI cable. though, your ram will be cut in half (to 16mb/screen). Can anyone else confirm this? I have a 12" rev.b at home ... i have yet to hook it up to the Dell; it's on my 2x 2.5 G5. :D


peace | neut
 

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
1,583
0
Sacramento, CA, USA
neut said:
It should with the miniDVI > DVI cable. though, your ram will be cut in half (to 16mb/screen). Can anyone else confirm this? I have a 12" rev.b at home ... i have yet to hook it up to the Dell; it's on my 2x 2.5 G5. :D


peace | neut
I think I'll hold off on this until I have a more powerful system. 16 mb of RAM per screen is too low for me.
 

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
789
0
You will actually need a Mini-VGA to VGA adapter. The Dell supports VGA connection unlike the ACD. According to the spec sheet on the Rev A 12" pb the video card can support up to a 1600x1200 display. That is right in the limits. You should be fine.
 

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
1,843
0
here (for now)
TDM21 said:
You will actually need a Mini-VGA to VGA adapter. The Dell supports VGA connection unlike the ACD. According to the spec sheet on the Rev A 12" pb the video card can support up to a 1600x1200 display. That is right in the limits. You should be fine.
oh, that's right ... i forgot the mini-DVI wasn't added on the 12" until rev.b :eek:


peace | neut
 

crachoar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
569
0
Ohio
krimson said:
You can use coupon 9443JZ$W$RBL24 if you add another $1 ($749+$1 to use the $750 coupon) to the order.
Uhhh...do they have anything under $10? I can't find anything really cheap (like canned air, etc.).
 

Digital Randy

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
6
0
Coupon No Good

Just got off the phone with Dell, the 35% discount is no longer valid. He said it might be a limited use coupon, maybe per day.

Randy
 

quickspit

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2005
1
0
cant get it to work

I have entered the code and it does not reflect the price diff. .... what gives?
 

topgunn

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2004
1,454
1,236
Houston
Basically, you snooze, you lose. It has a limited amount of uses and once it has been redeemed a certain number of times, it expires.