Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In partnership with AT&T and Apple, U.S. airline Delta will equip every one of its over 19,000 flight attendants with an iPhone 12 to "enhance the travel experience for all passengers," it was announced today.

delta-flight-attendant.jpeg

With an iPhone 12 in their possession, AT&T said Delta flight attendants will be able to use augmented reality to more accurately assess in-cabin inventory, to receive more immersive training for critical tasks, and more. Delta will continue to work with AT&T and Apple to come up with additional use cases to improve in-cabin service.

Delta has equipped flight attendants and pilots with iPhones and iPads in the past. Apple has partnerships with several airlines, including American Airlines, which offers Apple TV+ as a free in-flight streaming option.

Article Link: Delta Rolling Out iPhone 12 to Over 19,000 Flight Attendants

ClevelandGuy

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2017
Just asking a question - How is this going to enhance the travel experience for the customers? I read the article that it will improve training of the employees but will it make a differenc?

Reactions: richhh

rmcjls

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Alaska Airlines' flight attendants have had iPhones for almost 5 years; they use them to process in-flight payments, view seatmaps and monitor their flight schedules. Alaska's pilots use iPads on the flight deck and the gate agents now use iPads for their primary duties as well. While Alaska doesn't have the size of Delta, they're a major carrier in the bay area and the largest in the Seattle tech region.

jlocker

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2011
Lake Michigan
Next stop is Augment Reality glasses so the attendants can have their hands free and to scan around the cabin for things that might be needed.

Expos of 1969

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2013
Just asking a question - How is this going to enhance the travel experience for the customers? I read the article that it will improve training of the employees but will it make a differenc?
Good question and if Suzie or Bobby are just being trained during the flight on what to do in an emergency, perhaps that is a bit late :oops: I am thankful I never have to use any US airlines.

countryside

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2016
Maybe that’ll chill them out from being repeatedly hostile to their customers

I know it’s tough times but there’s a difference between being on edge and straight up abusive
If you live in California or Texas, check out JSX Airlines. I only use them now when possible. $99/flight. Show up 20 min before departure. You are treated like a customer, not a passenger.

Reactions: Huck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.