Dent in MBP...Need Accidental Damage Protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jeff5886, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Jeff5886 macrumors regular

I dropped my MBP at work today and it has some new dents on it now.

I am looking to buy accidental damage protection or the computer and have narrowed it down to: Safeway, Squaretrade and Worth Ave. Group.

Just looking for some references for the three companies. Have you used them? What was your experience? Who do you recommend?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. mrj412 macrumors regular

You want to buy insurance after the accident? Then you are asking for advice on which company is best for you to commit insurance fraud to.

3. Jeff5886 thread starter macrumors regular

I want insurance to help for LATER CLAIMS i.e. drop it again and screen breaks etc.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Right....:rolleyes:

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Best. Thread. Ever.

Just chaulk it up to experience bro. Isn't worth the effort and is slightly shady. Protection from Statefarm et al is like $50 bucks and covers everything; you should've already had it.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Buying insurance after the damage happened is fraud. Don't fool anyone, you aren't buying it for later purposes.

7. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Lol. Statefarm insurance is good. I use it atm.

8. Built macrumors 68020

Geez...This board is filled with fraudsters tonight. Check out the "Does Best Buy check serial numbers?" thread over on the iPad forum.

Yeah, right...the OP dropped his MBP tonight...caused some damage...and is asking about insurance for any FUTURE claims...LOL

9. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Is it covered on your household insurance already? Mine is, loss/theft/damage in and out of the house. You MAY already be covered.