Despite everything...very impressed with the launch.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by colem1, Apr 23, 2015.

1. colem1 macrumors member

Yeah I get that this launch was a bit of a roller coaster with long waits for status changes and some not getting the watches when they wanted. I sympathize with you as it has happened to me before and I hope you all get your watches soon.

What I can say is being my first Apple pre order, I'm very impressed. Very impressed that the watches are already in the countries they are going to and that Apple can orchestrate this mass overnight shipping. It's incredible that Apple is pulling this off on this scale.

Despite everything, hats off to them for getting this done as much as they could. I hope to pre order something again.

Who's with me?

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Nobody's more impressed than Tim for this dog turd of a roll out.

[​IMG]

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol, exactly. They must be getting their watch tomorrow.

5. mjgillen macrumors member

mjgillen

I got the EOD... I'm just not complaining... it will be amazing when it arrives...

6. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

7. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

8. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

There are many more happy customers than unhappy customers

9. leenak macrumors 68020

There are complaints with every launch. The biggest complaints I've seen recently with launches are people who line up for the purpose of reselling in other countries. Apple mitigated that with this launch. Sure a lot of resellers in general aren't happy, but honestly it is a fairly smooth launch.

10. Rtt3rd macrumors member

Completely Wrong....

This has been a disaster from the start, I find it sad that A company the size of Apple has botched this so bad, the communication has been terrible and I feel this has gone worse than the Iphone 6/6+ launch back in the fall.

11. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm impressed too. They are delivering on time, as promised. And a sizable portion of us are getting are watch earlier then expected.

12. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

Says this guy who just joined macrumors :rolleyes:

13. DB4IP macrumors member

LOL Tim can't dance. No sense of rhythm at all. Just wildly flailing arms about.

14. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I just puked

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Looks like it's his first time in the deep end of the pool.

16. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Agree with you! The sheer ability of their global logistics network is always mind boggling!

17. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

Which has what to do with anything? Squeaky wheels are louder.

18. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

I'm still well within the mid-May window after ordering in the first five minutes. No tracking number, no email, no nothing since the confirmation email at x:06.

Am I angry or disappointed?

Nope.

I'll get my watch in the time it was promised from day one and I'll be happy.

19. leenak macrumors 68020

How is it a disaster? When ordering the watches, Apple gave people a window, they expect to meet that window and hope to deliver watches earlier than planned for those outside that window. Sure they could've done what people have suggested and moved the launch to late May or June, but would that have made people happier?

The only change I would've suggested is try on appointments before April 10th.

20. powerslave65 macrumors regular

powerslave65

UPS and Fedex have a combined daily delivery volume of +35.0 million packages and documents...that's impressive. Being super generous let's say 400,000 watches delivered on launch day....I am not that impressed.

21. kovey macrumors 6502a

I'm convinced that there is no such product or launch Apple could put out without the curmudgeons coming to this forum and finding something to complain about.

The fact is that if you were an average consumer that luckily didn't know about this site, you would have pre-ordered your watch and it would have shown up on release day like most people. You would not have seen any of the drama or crybabies with their first world problem rants.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You weren't around for the iPhone 4 launch, were you?

Compared to that, the 6/6+ and AW launches have been smooth, especially seeing that you can't even get the watch in store yet.

BL.

23. ksuyen macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

I am extremely impressed with this launch too! ;) I ordered late cause I wanted to try on first, got my delivery estimated 4 to 6 weeks. Needless to say I expected it to arrive next month. For my big (pleasant) surprise, it arrives today at my local depot! :D can't be more happy with that! super impressed!

24. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

People who say they are impressed have no idea how badly Apple messed all this up. When you have multiple keynotes talking about a product, give a release date but delete it from your own website and miss at the very least 50% of your preorders by pushing them out 2 months.. that isn't success, that's failure. No one is on the same page at their customer service departments ether. Instead of being told what is happening and reassuring customers they'll get the devices at the time they were scheduled, what you see are people getting their devices before others. Example.. if you ordered in the first couple minutes of launch for space grey.. sorry most of us aren't getting one this week. Ah but if you check and see people who ordered hours later getting confirmations now that had dates listed in June.. yeah that's a massive slap in the face to those who were there earlier. I can go on and on at how extremely disappointed I am as well as a ton of other people are about this launch but as always people who are on the other side turn a blind eye and don't care. Just as Tim and his group of geniuses don't give a rip either.

and as a bonus item for this.. if Apple Pay is so easy and convenient then why aren't those who embraced this method not at the front of the line either? At least that would make some sense as to why orders are scattered.