Details about Best Buy launch?

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
So I called my local Best Buy. The lady I spoke to was very well informed. Apparently they will "definitely have over 10 of each of the Wifi models". No word on the 3G though. They're not allowing any pre-orders so it's a first come basis. The iPads won't arrive until Friday afternoon via UPS but will be sold upon their arrival, around 4pm for my local store. She recommended I call every half hour Friday afternoon to check up on their arrival - no fun.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
why would you feel dirty? o_O
Cause you know the Apple Strore will give you the better experience. I have bought all my iOS devices from Apple Store. I just hope I can get one at Best Buy launch day. I don't think many people are going to be buying the 64GB 3G version although I could be way wrong.

I just wish we had some definitive information already.

tek210

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Cause you know the Apple Strore will give you the better experience. I have bought all my iOS devices from Apple Store. I just hope I can get one at Best Buy launch day. I don't think many people are going to be buying the 64GB 3G version although I could be way wrong.

I am looking to get the same model myself and I hope it is not an issue at Best Buy. I think I am going to head over there about 4:00 to see where things stand.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
So I called my local Best Buy. The lady I spoke to was very well informed. Apparently they will "definitely have over 10 of each of the Wifi models". No word on the 3G though. They're not allowing any pre-orders so it's a first come basis. The iPads won't arrive until Friday afternoon via UPS but will be sold upon their arrival, around 4pm for my local store. She recommended I call every half hour Friday afternoon to check up on their arrival - no fun.
Did you ask about white models?

tek210

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Just stopped by my local BB on the way home and the apple guy there says that they expect to be selling at open time. He says they would have had to tell him earlier so he could work the later shift if they planned to sell at 5:00. Now was he 100% sure, no. Did he seem confident it would be 10:00, yes.

Time will tell. Hopefully about 10:15 on Friday I am confirming that life is good.

tomandshell

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Make sure you have $10,000 available on your credit card. That is what the price will be in the system until 5pm to keep uninformed employees from selling them early.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Make sure you have $10,000 available on your credit card. That is what the price will be in the system until 5pm to keep uninformed employees from selling them early.
Or just have a manager do an override and get it for the regular price.

These stores, maybe Best Buy, but most assuredly Walmart will be selling early.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
I walked into the local Best Buy around 1PM on launch day (for the iPad) and they had piles of all three models in stock. No lines. No getting up at 5AM to wait at the Apple Store.
It was the same way for me. I walked in pretty late, & I had no problem getting a 32 GB WiFi model. It could have been where I'm in a smaller city, but who knows. I'm doubtful to see a line at my BB Friday.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

Ah, I know the feeling! Had this launch been on a Saturday, I'd definitely make the 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive to the closest Apple store. Sadly, I have school. My best option is BB.

Rodvette

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011

I don't know, I never see the difference whether I buy my apple products from the apple store, best buy, or verizon. They all smile while they take my money:rolleyes:

camelsnot

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011

What a load of ..... Really? How does going to an Apple Store to get a device = "better experience" than a Best Buy or any other store for that matter? So if it's a "better experience" for you, why are you going to a Best Buy instead? Don't you want that "better experience"?

Sometimes I wonder how much fanboys actually believe in the stuff they yap about.

They're all just brick and mortar stores with teens wearing colored polos, khakis and badges their names on them. True story bro.