Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PC2CV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2023
A question about mac photos,

I have plugged my iphone 15 in to import photos onto my macbook pro.

but how do i know if it is a video or a photo that i will import?

as i use the phone for recording footage for work, i dont want to import videos into the photos app, i use final cut pro to import videos.

I would prefer not to have to add the step of using image capture, or adding any further steps to my workflow as what works has worked well for years.

In the past the photos app had had a small video icon on the video files which made them easy to discern as video files, now its gone. How can i get that icon back.

Its worth noting that in the past a few years ago i recall a similar issue with the photos app, the videos lost their icon, it made it a nuisance at the time to work with my usual workflow. Have apple removed the icon in a software update, will it come back is there a way to get it back?

Really miss it, despite how minor a feature it might seem.

Attachments

• photos app.jpg
    photos app.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 84

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
There will be an option(in Photos?) for Photos to open when you connect your iPhone. Turn that off, then use Image Capture to import your photos. You'll then have the option to just import the photos and not the videos.

Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.