Determining upgrade date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolfpackfan, Jun 9, 2009.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I've seen several posts that lead me to believe they were able to go somewhere and it told them when they were eligible to upgrade. I went to the AT&T site and all it said was that I was not eligible to upgrade at this time. I think I purchased my iPhone sometime last September, but I sure would like to know the exact date I'd be eligible to upgrade as I've seen 2 years, 18 months and even 12 months (if primary line, which I am). Anyone know how to find out your exact upgrade date?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you purchased iPhone 3G, then you are not eligible for the discounted pricing.

3. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

I know that. But at some date I will be eligible, I'm just trying to find out when that date is.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You can call AT&T and ask them, they will tell you the date. (Just dial 611 from your AT&T phone). Sometimes you have to jump through hoops to find it online.

5. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks I may just drop by my local AT&T store and ask there.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

After 18 months of original purchase.

7. agbot macrumors regular

Log on to your account at att.com, click Phone/Device, then click Check Uprade Options. It'll give you the date you're eligible for a full discount upgrade.

8. agbot macrumors regular

It depends. I bought 2 3Gs last July at the same time, both on the same family plan. The primary phone is eligible after 17 months, the secondary phone is eligible after 20 months.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You could do something wacky like calling ATT.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You can also try buying it on Apple's website. You will have to enter your mobile number, and it will tell you the price and the upgrade date. It takes just a few minutes. I did this yesterday for my 3 phone family account.

11. njones macrumors newbie

I just called AT&T and they told me July 13, 2009, which is pretty much a year from the day I purchased the 3G. It also says that on the iPhone purchase website as well as my "upgrade options" on the AT&T web site. Why it is only 12 months and not 18-24 months, I do not know. Someone suggested that it depends on how much you spend per month that determines your upgrade date. I have the unlimited plan with unlimited text. Otherwise, I do not know.