Deutsche Telekom Now Accepting Reservations for Next-Gen iPhone

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    German carrier Deutsche Telekom has once again launched an online reservation service for customers interested in purchasing the next-generation iPhone, as spotted by Apfelpage.de.

The new early bird system promises preferred delivery of future smartphone models to customers that sign up with a valid email address and mobile phone number.

Deutsche Telekom does not specifically mention the much-rumored "iPhone 6s" or "iPhone 6s Plus" by name, but the reservation service launching just weeks before Apple is expected to launch new iPhones is unlikely a mere coincidence. In September 2011, the carrier rolled out a similar ticket-based reservation service nearly one month before the iPhone 4s was introduced.

The reservation service is essentially a pre-order system that functions on a first-come, first-served basis, allowing new and existing customers to provide their contact information, redeem a reservation ticket via SMS or email and receive preferred delivery of Apple's next-generation iPhone to their door without needing to wait in line at an Apple Store or Deutsche Telekom store.

Google Translate:
    (Thanks, Marco!)

Article Link: Deutsche Telekom Now Accepting Reservations for Next-Gen iPhone

2. Menopause macrumors 6502a

Menopause

Online reservation is for n00bs. Nothing beats waiting for Apple Store to go live on launch night and snipe the iPhone you want. In and out in 90 seconds. Rage, throw things if servers go mental and website stops loading. :cool: :D

3. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

Do you pay now or do they wait until the phone is actually revealed to charge you?

4. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

Can be fun, done it a few times but draining. These days I rather pre order online and get it that Friday morning at work (where I usually have it delivered).

5. AngerDanger, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

It's about time. I'm still waiting to reserve my iPhone 7, and the lack of iPhone 7S reservation is nearly unforgivable.

6. 2457282 Suspended

Wait! There's a snake in the line? :D:p Love the google translate.

If I decide to buy in this year (still in doubt), I will do the same as the past three years and stand in line. It's tradition.

7. bushido Suspended

bushido

i did that back in the iPhone 4 days but i decided to randomly walk into a tiny little store and i got an iPhone 4 on launch day while people with those reservation tickets had to wait like up to 14+ days

8. MacHead84 macrumors 6502

MacHead84

Until it is revealed you not pay anything.

BUT you can only make a new contract if you not a customer already or extend your current contract.
    You can not just reserve the Phone to buy it without a Sim Card. You have to sign for a new 2 year contract.

:(

9. furi0usbee macrumors 68000

furi0usbee

Stood in line for iPhone 4 for almost 5 hours. That was the last time I did that. Cool experience, but probably wouldn't do that again. I used to wait in line for OS releases too, but that's done. I don't know what happened to the shirt they gave me. Forget which OS it was.

10. Tech198 macrumors G5

hehe..Neat...

I wish Apple would do something like this, "first come, first serve" separate from standard checkout,.

U just knew others would.. The only thing i can see here if other companies are doing this Apple can "pull the plug" at the last second and upset that company.

11. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

I never had the opportunity to stand in line... I think that would have been fun to do at least once. But, is this just me, or does this seem like they are jumping the gun a little?

Besides... the last couple iPhone updates have not been that hard to get. Apple seems to know they need to have lots of stock on-hand for launch day so they can slam the orders when they release.

12. senthor macrumors regular

I used this service to get an Iphone 6 last year, and I got it on launch day at 9:30 AM. The way it works is that you make a reservation, but are not obligated to use it. When new phones are announced, you can use your reservation code to get the phone as one of the first, but you can also just let it become invalid.
    Walking into an Apple Store sounds like a nice idea, but with really few stores in Europe and only 14 stores in Germany, you have to travel quite a bit.

13. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

New device upgrade is a convenient time to switch carriers. Sounds like someones trying to prevent that by locking customers in early.

14. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

The S version of the iPhone has always been very easy to obtain, I see no difference with the 6s

15. ChristianVirtual macrumors 601

ChristianVirtual

The highly toxic German Warteschlange. If you see one, run ...

Else I don't line up anymore; getting too old for that. Preorder it is.

16. 2457282 Suspended

Looks like somebody changed the article making my original comment non-sequitur. I still laughed this morning so that was good for me.

17. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Well joke's on you, AngerDanger! I've already spent £2000 to preorder the iPhone 7S, 8S, and 9. Jelly?

18. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

I wonder if the demand will be a bit less crazy this year because last year introduced larger screen iPhones for the first time.

Either way, I'm going to probably use this year to switch to the "S" release cycle. Even though I have an iPhone 6, the "S" series has always seemed more refined and there is never a problem with finding a case since the physical design has been out for a year at that point. It's going to cost me, sure, but I sure as hell am not going to wait another two years for the 7S!

19. DavidTheExpert macrumors regular

It's not like you have to have inside-information to know that Apple is likely to introduce a new iPhone in the coming months. It's pretty much a given.

20. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Newsflash: You will also be buying the iPhone 7 next year :)

You sure as hell are not going to wait another two years for the new design!

21. mikecorp Suspended

mikecorp

I will never ever buy iphone or any other product from operator or reseller. Only Apple website or shop, for just simple reason. Quality of their customer service. Apple doesn't accept any repairs if you purchase your stuff somewhere else, even if you have apple care. 1st year is the seller responsibility to handle any problems.

22. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

That's not true.

23. bigalow macrumors member

24. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Like a Rowntree gelatin dessert cube.

25. quackers82 macrumors 6502

In the uk that's not the case at least. If you got the phone with an operator you can still go to the Genius Bar to get it fixed .