Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Tallest Skil said:
That would be great if you could. Once you upgrade to 3.0 there isnt going back. You maybe able to hack it using this and reset the baseband.

Well, it's a good thing that you can, then, as dozens of people have done it.

Exactly. Not only is it relatively easy and well-documented on the forums, it's also totally unnecessary. Apple will cover hardware problems even with 3.0 installed. Otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here typing this on a new iPhone. ;)

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I am a registered and working developer...
I call AppleCare...

Did you read the Terms of Service for your AppleCare before you paid for it?

Did you read your developer contracts before you clicked agree?

Did you read the developer beta warnings before you installed it on your test-only device?

Don't blame Apple for agreements that are only in your imagination.

a

GravityEyes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Nashville, TN
ADC was no help - told me to file a 'bug report' ....

I'm doubtful that a 2 1/2 hour drive to an Apple Store will yield more positive results. There is an evident policy shift...

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Im a developer, I got a replacement from the applestore for a OS 3.0b1 phone due to battery issues ive been having since before 2.0b1. Granted... the lead genius is a personal friend but maybe its the way you're going about it...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
ADC was no help - told me to file a 'bug report' ....

I'm doubtful that a 2 1/2 hour drive to an Apple Store will yield more positive results. There is an evident policy shift...

What policy shift? That they dont fully train their troubleshooters to deal with any and all potential problems in an exclusive beta that at most a few thousand people will be using?

Cuz that sounds like a really great use of resources....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.