DEXCOM GLUCOSE MONITOR APP FOR APPLE WATCH

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by lizzyrae78, Dec 28, 2016.

1. lizzyrae78 macrumors newbie

lizzyrae78

Has anyone been able to actually get there glucose reading to read on the watch face of the Apple Watch? Not just the dexcom icon? They advertise this on the apple web page with an actual reading on the the watch face, but I can only seem to get an Icon which then you have to press to get a reading...?

2. KSpector macrumors newbie

Hi. Yes I have the Dexcom app on my watch and can see my wife's glucose level, even the trend graft. Sometimes I have to touch her name on the screen once or twice, but it always comes up

3. jayrod88 macrumors newbie

As a T1D myself, this is something that needs to be updated by Dexcom. Originally the "follow" app supported the Watch face complication. The current Dexcom app does not support a live update complication.

I usually keep the dexcom app open on my watch so when I lift my wrist I can see the most recent update. This is something that I hope gets fixed soon.

4. jayrod88 macrumors newbie

As of today 1/9/2017, dexcom has updated their app to show live glucose data in the Watch complication including trend arrows.

5. Kyle76 macrumors regular

Kyle76

I love the new complication, but it loses the reading quite frequently. You have to press to open the full app, and then the reading is restored on the watch face. Not a huge deal, but annoying. I've reported it to Dexcom.

6. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I hope they allow complications on the Workout App. Then, I can see what my blood sugar is doing while I'm riding 100 miles on my bike.

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

hopefully, soon the next apple watch will be able to do all this built in

8. richardjhurst macrumors member

Hi everyone, Are we talking about the Dexcom G5 mobile unit here?. I'm a type 2 and was considering trying this device and getting myself an Apple watch to give myself up to date readings instead of using the finger prick method and have cartridges in my Accu-Care Mobile keep expiring on me. Any thoughts?

9. galenmd macrumors regular

I am reviving this thread in hopes that someone has some information on the new iOS11 and WatchOS4 to see when we will get the promised Dexcom G5 direct to Watch interface. This would be fantastic for exercise, being able to leave a phone behind.

10. antnee macrumors regular

It will probably take a software update to take advantage of the new Bluetooth core in watchos4

11. galenmd, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

galenmd macrumors regular

I am having serious issues with syncing the Dexcom between my iPhone 7 Plus and my Apple Watch. This is on both my old Series 0 and my new Series 3 LTE.

The Apple Watch shows no data in the complication or the app, showing only "---". If I open the Dexcom app on the watch, the data will appear within 10-30 seconds. The problem is that the data disappears again in a matter of minutes, and the only way to get the data back is to follow the above sequence again. This is persistent and reproducible every single time. I simply cannot keep the Dexcom data continuously on my Watch.

The Dexcom data on my phone is not an issue with data always there. I tried uninstalling an re-installing the Dexcom app on my Watch to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue and any suggestions? I have the latest Dexcom software 1.7.3 and Watch OS4 ( I just took it out of the box today and have not had a chance to go to 4.01).

12. antnee macrumors regular

That’s been an issue for a while now, at least as long as I can remember. I have to think it’s a BT issue with the complication. At least you can trigger it to come up again.

13. galenmd macrumors regular

Please call Dexcom and report this to them. I did today and they claimed to have no knowledge. If no one says anything, nothing gets done.

14. galenmd macrumors regular

I am still new to the Watch. Diving deeper into this, it seems to me that the issue at hand is a failure of the Dexcom “background app refresh.” I have this setting turned on for this app, but it does not seem to work.

15. galenmd macrumors regular

I have an update for whoever may be following this thread. I have set the wale setting to always remember the last app, and that seems to help a lot. I guess my average wrist movements keep the app active enough to consistently update the Dexcom reading. I can’t use a regular watch face, but I can deal for now until they fix it, or until they come out with the G5 direct to Watch interface.