Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sausje

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
the Netherlands
I also did not find any unknown certificates. And removing the ones that Lync installs doesn't help either. :)

Adium is confirmed to work though with Lync (server 2010 I think).

mango1122

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
No luck in Public beta2. I have no unknown certificate in the keychain :mad:

If it helps someone - the communicator for mac is working. Ours is an on-premise Lync server 2013.

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
Microsoft released Office 2011 14.4.4 today - release notes don't mention Lync, but maybe there is a fix - can anyone confirm if it helped?

mango1122

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
Microsoft released Office 2011 14.4.4 today - release notes don't mention Lync, but maybe there is a fix - can anyone confirm if it helped?

Doesn't work for me - on premise Lync 2013. Am on public beta2

Last edited:

rcruz80

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2014
Communicator 2011

While Lync doesn't receive a fix (I'm not sure if anybody here is able to use Lync on Yosemite), I downloaded Communicator 2011 for Mac and it's working fine...;)

rcruz80

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2014
True... there are some limitations, but at least it logs in... and it also synchronizes with my Outlook calendar...

jfischer

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Can't answer voice calls

I have Lync 2011 14.0.9, and all seems to work OK but I cannot answer a Lync voice call. Lync rings, and it immediately answers the call whether I click the green Phone button or not. Problem is, clicking the Phone button does not register as answering the call, and it rings indefinitely making a voice call impossible.

Currently on DP6.

Anyone else, or is this just me?

uberdown

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2014
i wiped & rebuilt my macbook air 2012 to dp6 last week.
i restored my messages data but nothing else.
after re-installing lync 14.0.9 i am now able to sign into lync as well as have im conversations.
however, attempting to view any preferences -at all- crashes lync.
even just clicking on fonts within an existing conversation window.
smilies work but any text options will cause a crash.

its improvement of some sort at least...

jfischer

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
i wiped & rebuilt my macbook air 2012 to dp6 last week.
i restored my messages data but nothing else.
after re-installing lync 14.0.9 i am now able to sign into lync as well as have im conversations.
however, attempting to view any preferences -at all- crashes lync.
even just clicking on fonts within an existing conversation window.
smilies work but any text options will cause a crash.

its improvement of some sort at least...

To get into preferences, try logging out of Lync first. That works for me anyway.

tnemec

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2011
crash because of localisation interface changes?

I found a potential reason for the crashes: after changing my yosemite language setting from german to english (because of a crash of another app) sync is working again!!! My assumption is that yosemite changed something in the localisation interface...

cheers
thomas

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I put the public beta on my Macbook yesterday and Lync worked.

Today it wasn't and I found this thread. Weird that it stopped working but then I realised that late last night I switched my language from "English" to "English (UK)". I just swapped it back to "English" and Lync is working again.

Well, apart from the preferences bug.

danceplaza

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2014
I put the public beta on my Macbook yesterday and Lync worked.

Today it wasn't and I found this thread. Weird that it stopped working but then I realised that late last night I switched my language from "English" to "English (UK)". I just swapped it back to "English" and Lync is working again.

Well, apart from the preferences bug.
this does the trick :)

i was swapping my language English - US to English and after the reboot, my lync signed in.

snarfquest

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2013
Lync is mostly working for me.

Whenever I send a txt message to a Lync mobile client Lync crashes. All others seem to work tho.

mikeruoc

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
That also worked for me and allowed me to sign in. But Lync was still very flakey. Could not join meeting and I would sign out and IM's would still come in so still seems to be many issues to be fix with Lync and 10.10

mango1122

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
Changing the system language also works for me. My initial language was set to UK. I changed it to US, rebooted and then changed it back to UK. After a final reboot it works now. Preferences still crash the app but at least the presence and IM seem to be working ok for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.