Did anyone get their @me.com transformed to @icloud.com?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Henry Li, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Henry Li macrumors member

Hi, everyone, did anyone have their iCloud mail domain changed after updating to iOS 6.0 beta 3? I've updated to this version, but, however, I still didn't notice there was such change happened to my iCloud mail. Anyone knows how to do it? I really love the new domain name.

2. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I really like the me.com domain. It's short and simple. Really hope they'd stick with that instead.

3. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

God I hope this doesn't affect me. I really like @me.com. I had my name with no other characters, short as possible. This icloud.com thing really sucks.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'm still at @me, I think. I'm logged into iCloud with my AppleID which isn't an @me or @iCloud.

5. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

This same argument happened during the .mac to MobileMe transition. I believe during that time, Apple allowed @mac addressed to be kept and also gave those people @me addresses. I believe Apple might do the sam thing, give you an @icloud address even if you have an @me address. However it'll be on and the same account.

7. newagemac macrumors 68020

Actually, everyone with a me.com is automatically getting an iCloud.com address in addition to their me one. You can use either one and you'll still receive email to the same account. They just act as aliases to the account.

8. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Yes beta.icloud.com, if you type your username, it automatically appends @icloud.com at the end but then changes back to your actual apple id.

I can send e-mails to/from @icloud.com or @me.com from both mail on OSX10.8 GM or iOS6, both addresses work, just like @mac.com @me.com are the same now.

They REALLY need to get on with a way of merging apple id's and replacing old ID's with new ones.

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Ok, I've just sent a test email to my @icloud.com address, and it bounced saying it doesn't exist. Anyone else?

10. throys macrumors 6502

It works fine.

11. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

They've updated mine and I have an @icloud.com account in addition to my @me.com

You can check by Managing your AppleID

12. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Same thing happened with me at first. Then I went to the iCloud beta site, logged into mail, and saw where they gave me both an @me.com and @icloud.com address.

13. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

So now I have:

@mac.com
    @me.com
    @icloud.com

what next ? :D

14. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

yesterday I tried; mail bounced back but "find my phone" worked already with icloud.

today even the mail go through: same id.icloud.com as id.me.com. :)

15. el3ktro macrumors regular

el3ktro

Guys, give it some time. Features like this take a while to roll out! Just be patient!

I have @icloud.com mail addresses already. On beta.icloud.com you can now select for each alias if you want it for "Send & Receive" or for "Only Receive". When you set an mail address to "Only Receive", it won't show up as source mail address when you send an mail from your iPhone or from the iCloud website. Pretty cool!

Attached Files:

16. nlr macrumors 6502

17. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I guess you don't ... if you find out please let us know. I don't think that Apple will officially register .mac's anymore. I wish they would ...

18. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

It's nice to have both email domains. I find it funny though because before everyone said "me.com" is stupid.

19. iDunc macrumors member

iDunc

I just checked at beta.icloud.com and I also have a @icloud email address. Be careful though it looks like the default is to send from @icloud.com:(

20. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

You can't. You had to have had an @mac email address before they transitioned to MobileMe.

21. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

No but I've seen a guy transform a cloud into a square shape cloud.

22. muledogus macrumors 6502

My apple ID has always been an @mac.com address but I've never used that as an email. I never even knew how to access my mac.com email. After installing beta 3 yesterday I go the "create icloud email" notification and created my name successfully. Now I can my mac.com, gmail.com and icloud.com emails in my manage apple ID page and they are all verified but I cannot access my icloud mail on my phone, the mail app on my computer or online at icloud.com or beta.icloud.com.

Also, when I send a test email to my new icloud name it bounces back.

Does anybody have any tips for me to get this working?

23. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Mine changed. I updated and had an issue with picture messaging. I reset the network settings. My picture messaging is back to normal and my @me has now changed to @icloud. Something told me to check before and after so I did. I doubt that had anything to so with my pictures but I think it was interesting to see that doing that in fact allowed it to convert. On my FaceTime and iMessage settings is also now says I receive at 3 address. My phone number and my @me and @icloud now.

24. muledogus macrumors 6502

I can't wrap my head around this. I decided to check another one of my apple ID's that I don't use and that's where my emails are going when I send them to the iCloud email I just created (only I have to send them to @me.com). The weird thing is I never use that apple ID for anything and there's no reason it should be linked to the iCloud ID I just created as all of my devices are attached to a completely different apple ID and that's what I used to make it.

25. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736