Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henry Li

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2009
Hi, everyone, did anyone have their iCloud mail domain changed after updating to iOS 6.0 beta 3? I've updated to this version, but, however, I still didn't notice there was such change happened to my iCloud mail. Anyone knows how to do it? I really love the new domain name.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
I really like the me.com domain. It's short and simple. Really hope they'd stick with that instead.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
God I hope this doesn't affect me. I really like @me.com. I had my name with no other characters, short as possible. This icloud.com thing really sucks.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
This same argument happened during the .mac to MobileMe transition. I believe during that time, Apple allowed @mac addressed to be kept and also gave those people @me addresses. I believe Apple might do the sam thing, give you an @icloud address even if you have an @me address. However it'll be on and the same account.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
Hi, everyone, did anyone have their iCloud mail domain changed after updating to iOS 6.0 beta 3? I've updated to this version, but, however, I still didn't notice there was such change happened to my iCloud mail. Anyone knows how to do it? I really love the new domain name.

Actually, everyone with a me.com is automatically getting an iCloud.com address in addition to their me one. You can use either one and you'll still receive email to the same account. They just act as aliases to the account.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Yes beta.icloud.com, if you type your username, it automatically appends @icloud.com at the end but then changes back to your actual apple id.

I can send e-mails to/from @icloud.com or @me.com from both mail on OSX10.8 GM or iOS6, both addresses work, just like @mac.com @me.com are the same now.

They REALLY need to get on with a way of merging apple id's and replacing old ID's with new ones.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
They've updated mine and I have an @icloud.com account in addition to my @me.com

You can check by Managing your AppleID

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Ok, I've just sent a test email to my @icloud.com address, and it bounced saying it doesn't exist. Anyone else?
Same thing happened with me at first. Then I went to the iCloud beta site, logged into mail, and saw where they gave me both an @me.com and @icloud.com address.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
yesterday I tried; mail bounced back but "find my phone" worked already with icloud.

today even the mail go through: same id.icloud.com as id.me.com. :)

el3ktro

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2008
Guys, give it some time. Features like this take a while to roll out! Just be patient!

I have @icloud.com mail addresses already. On beta.icloud.com you can now select for each alias if you want it for "Send & Receive" or for "Only Receive". When you set an mail address to "Only Receive", it won't show up as source mail address when you send an mail from your iPhone or from the iCloud website. Pretty cool!

Attachments

• iCloud Beta.PNG
    iCloud Beta.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 198

iPhoneApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2011
It's nice to have both email domains. I find it funny though because before everyone said "me.com" is stupid.

muledogus

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2009
My apple ID has always been an @mac.com address but I've never used that as an email. I never even knew how to access my mac.com email. After installing beta 3 yesterday I go the "create icloud email" notification and created my name successfully. Now I can my mac.com, gmail.com and icloud.com emails in my manage apple ID page and they are all verified but I cannot access my icloud mail on my phone, the mail app on my computer or online at icloud.com or beta.icloud.com.

Also, when I send a test email to my new icloud name it bounces back.

Does anybody have any tips for me to get this working?

CedricEarl

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Mine changed. I updated and had an issue with picture messaging. I reset the network settings. My picture messaging is back to normal and my @me has now changed to @icloud. Something told me to check before and after so I did. I doubt that had anything to so with my pictures but I think it was interesting to see that doing that in fact allowed it to convert. On my FaceTime and iMessage settings is also now says I receive at 3 address. My phone number and my @me and @icloud now.

muledogus

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2009
I can't wrap my head around this. I decided to check another one of my apple ID's that I don't use and that's where my emails are going when I send them to the iCloud email I just created (only I have to send them to @me.com). The weird thing is I never use that apple ID for anything and there's no reason it should be linked to the iCloud ID I just created as all of my devices are attached to a completely different apple ID and that's what I used to make it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.