Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
snip...blah, blah, blah

I'm not going into a point by point breakdown of your post because, first, you're juvenile defensive rant is tiresome and trying to debate with you would be as intriguing as trying the same with my toddler son. And second, I have a frick'n life.

Yes, you go ahead an base all of your points on anecdotal evidence because the experiences of the one far out weigh those of the many...thousand or millions. It happened to you so the sky must be falling. Next time, instead of using a source like Google that would provide insight from more than you and a handful of your friends, I'll just go knock on my neighbor's door and just ask him..that'll be enough proof. :rolleyes:

Dude, (my first clue from your post that this discussion was dead in the water) your post implied that the comparative list of bugs from KitKat would be far less than iOS 8. My response simply refuted that and believe it or not, the compiled evidence of a Google search will be far more telling than simply the experience you, your son, and your coworkers had. However, I'm sure if I had provided evidence from a Google search for iOS 8 bugs, you'd have preached that was gospel.

That's the last you'll hear from me, though I'm sure you craft a multi-quote, witty rebuttal because you simply must have the last work. Go ahead and finish that (though I won't see it) so you can get back to your anti-iOS crusade.

Last edited:

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
I'm not going into a point by point breakdown of your post because, first, you're juvenile defensive rant is tiresome and trying to debate with you would be as intriguing as trying the same with my toddler son. And second, I have a frick'n life.

Yes, you go ahead an base all of your points on anecdotal evidence because the experiences of the one far out weigh those of the many...thousand or millions. It happened to you so the sky must be falling. Next time, instead of using a source like Google that would provide insight from more than you and a handful of your friends, I'll just go knock on my neighbor's door and just ask him..that'll be enough proof. :rolleyes:

so at the end of it all, you won't just simply reply to my post that you quoted in the manner in which you should. instead you call me ignorant and juvenile and accuse me of being defensive as you hide behind Google data and still have yet to actually chime in with your own facts. There's nothing anecdotal about the issues iOS8 is having either. Have you looked up the point release updates on Kit Kat and reported back yet? Still waiting.....let's compare them to the iOS 8 issues which are pretty solid cases of screw ups. I'm also far from defensive dude, I'm slapping you with facts left and right and simply challenging you to do the same. How about you finally man-up and participate.

Dude, (my first clue from your post that this discussion was dead in the water) your post implied that the comparative list of bugs from KitKat would be far less than iOS 8. My response simply refuted that and believe it or not, the compiled evidence of a Google search will be far more telling than simply the experience you, your son, and your coworkers had. However, I'm sure if I had provided evidence from a Google search for iOS 8 bugs, you'd have preached that was gospel.

translated, you still aren't going to reply/quote a post accurately but instead continue to try and put to put everything back on someone other than you. you're right, the discussion is dead in the water because yo insult and make false assumptions vs actually debate. Still waiting man....

That's the last you'll hear from me, though I'm sure you craft a multi-quote, witty rebuttal because you simply must have the last work. Go ahead and finish that (though I won't see it) so you can get back to your anti-iOS crusade.

....tosses hands up, throws mic down and walks away in a passive aggressive manner as he tosses out yet another childish insult and then walks away claiming we'll never hear back from him. sure.....

Seroiusly, please don't come back unless you actually want to debate and perhaps reply to my original quote as you should have..yes, in detail. How about at least a single quote response to my original single quote post you replied to? Until then, take your passive aggressive weak arguments home with you. again, thanks for playing but not ever scoring a point. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I just dont get why people get emotionally invested in this stuff and care what other people think or say about their ____ of choice

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
I just dont get why people get emotionally invested in this stuff and care what other people think or say about their ____ of choice

Because people feel that if the product that they like is being attack, THEY are being attacked. Which sometimes happens on this forum.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
That makes no logical sense to me though, I do not understand why there are sooo many people like that

yukyuklee

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
Boston, MA
i've had many iPhones and many Androids starting from the galaxy s2 I just like how smooth iOS is or maybe I just don't really care for all features android has? But I end up going back to iPhone. I am using iPhone 5 and I don't think I will upgrade to the 6 until the next refresh comes in.

mripadmini

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
i work for one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States , so i see allot of phones. i see way more iPhone 4s and 5 then i see android phones at least where i work. i have had on android phone witch became unbearably slow after months so i got my moms iPhone 4s and she got a new 4s.

mikemike690

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2012
New Zealand
Personally I like Android over iOS but the 6 Plus is trying to pull me back to iOS. Although I still love Android's default apps etc.

fredaroony

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
Android has matured a lot over the years and I'm sure it is a great choice for a lot of people, but it isn't a good choice for me. In spite of what a lot of folks say about Apple on this forum, iPhones just work and do what I need them to do, they require no maintenance with the exception of cleaning off all the pics my wife takes, she fills her phone up every couple months. :)

Android doesn't require any maintenance either so not sure what you mean

----------

To each their own my good friend!:) I'm happy that you love Android so much. Continue to use it if you are satisfied with its performance. I was not so i moved on to greener pastures and I'm happier on iOS.
I'm merely sharing "my" experience on Android. Has it improved since i last used it? Maybe, but the damage has been done as far as I'm concerned. I have no reason to lie about the bugs associated with Android.
Please try not to get so emotionally charged by someone merely sharing their experience with a product just because that said experience was different from yours. Let's all respect one another's opinions my friend even if we don't agree. Enjoy your Android device. I will definitely enjoy my iPhone.

Regurgitating your four years out of date experience is irrelevant and pointless. Go and try a new Android phone then give some feedback

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Very much. I even have to fight phandroids at the android forums. People don't realize that the operating systems are so close, it's scary. That is the point of evolution. I've went from a Vibrant to 4S to Note 3 to now 6 Plus. They have gotten very similar, it just depends now on what kind of support you want.

I'm a technology whore. I'll get a Galaxy Tab S and an iPad (I own an iPad Mini, Nexus 7 and Nook HD tablet). Plus I have a Windows 8 computer.

People need to get it together. You can have BOTH A NOTE 4 and a 6 PLUS at the same time. It's not like dividing by 0, the universe won't converge all at once

LOL.....a black hole will instantly appear and you will be sucked into the vortex......

I have a IP6 and Galaxy S5..........

Owning several type of different OS type devices is no guarantee though, I'm sure some people have such a strong want to hate "the other side" that they'd eventually end up going schizophrenic and hating themselves :D

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Both OS are buggy, just different bugs. I know I'll probably be posting this thread in a month:

"Did anyone go BACK to Android after trying the 6 Plus and then go BACK to an iPhone 6 Plus?"

:eek:

Ok, maybe not a month. More like 4 days. I'm ready for my iPhone back. :eek:

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Either/or is a losing game for the consumer.

There's some stuff in Android I need, and some stuff in iOS I need. There are hardware features in Android devices I need, and same with Apple hardware. There's more variety in iOS apps; more variety in Android-driven hardware (indeed, if you needed a bigger screen until just now you couldn't even get that on iOS).

It finally dawned on me that the only reason not to have BOTH was voice calling, and cellular data. And sheesh, that isn't even on my top five needs for a device with a bigger screen. I was handling a 6+ in the store, intending to buy, and I just felt it was both too small and too big, just like the NYT reviewer said. I still needed a bigger screen though.

So I went out and bought an 8" tablet. There are lots at say $150US, which is not that much more than the difference between 6 and 6+. More if you want a better screen, etc. Now I can keep my great 5s for another year, and still get the benefits of the bigger screen running the same apps I would have on a 6+.

This wouldn't work for everyone, of course, but at least consider the choice as more than BETWEEN 6+ and the same sized Android phone. Especially if the need for the bigger screen is based on uses that have little to do with a need for cellular data.

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
I prefer iOS for many different reasons. That's just me.

But I may buy a Nexus 5 or similar next because the iPhone tax is off the charts. I have other things in life I need or want to spend money on.

I'd love an iOS phone with a bigger screen but not for astronomical money.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
I think the longer you stay with a OS you learn to live with all the pluses and also all the shortcomings. So when you switch over (like I did with the iPhone 6) the negatives get magnified. The apps that worked so well on Android are not available in the app store. The way notifications and widgets work on Android are so much better. Video format support is superior on Android. And iOS/iPhones being bug free is totally false. If I didn't experience all the bugs I would have been satisfied with the iPhone and I could have dealt with iOS. But I did not sign up for new bugs so the iPhone 6 had to go back.
On top of it you now have App fragmentation. Android handles this issue much better and it has to. Blowing up apps on the iPhone 6 plus is pretty silly and it's going to be like this for months maybe years. Apple has all this money but it does not show when it comes to software. Google does a better job here. They need to hire a huge team of top notch software engineers to at least get iOS bug free.

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Android doesn't require any maintenance either so not sure what you mean

----------

Regurgitating your four years out of date experience is irrelevant and pointless. Go and try a new Android phone then give some feedback

No thank you my very good friend as I don't feel that it would be worth my time. I've given the Android platform a fair shake as well as a few other mobile operating systems and per my conclusion iOS and the iPhone has out performed them all in terms of speed, stability, and reliability.
Has android improved? Possibly, but I'm pretty sure that the difference is not night and day considering where it was during the time I used it.
Once again, I thank you for you recommendation and I hope that you enjoy your android device until your heart is content as I am loving my 6 Plus and consider it the best smartphone I've ever owned. Others may disagree and that's ok because we are all entitled to our own opinions. Just use whatever device makes you happy my friend. Enjoy your day and I wish you luck on whatever handset you choose to use.

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Good for you my friend! Enjoy your buggy OS. I left Android 3 years ago when I purchased my first ever iOS device (which was the 4S) and I never looked back. I've owned 3 android handsets as well as a android tablet in the past and they pale in comparison to the stability and ease of use that iOS offers. There are 3 iPhones, 3 iPads, and 2 Apple TVs in my household and I couldn't be happier. I just got a 64GB 6 Minus for my wife and my 128GB 6 Plus should arrive on Thursday.
I have no desire to give Android a second look anytime in the near future and this is coming from a guy who used to tease the "Apple Fanboys" until I actually purchased a iPhone myself and got to experience first hand what all the hype was about.

Thank God IOS 8 is ultra stable. It hasn't been in the news lately at all and didn't need patches since release :)

liegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2014
Two questions :

Any examples?

When was the last time you used android?

Last month. 1080p screen, quad core Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM and 3000MAh Battery running Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. And it lagged, A LOT, with half the storage available and always refreshed like a dumb phone. So don't even pull the "you must have never used an Android phone" with me. I've used more Android phones over the years than iphone and iOS devices as a matter of fact.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Last month. 1080p screen, quad core Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM and 3000MAh Battery running Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. And it lagged, A LOT, with half the storage available and always refreshed like a dumb phone. So don't even pull the "you must have never used an Android phone" with me. I've used more Android phones over the years than iphone and iOS devices as a matter of fact.
Good thing most posters on this forum will have enough experience to know that what you describe is an exception and not in any way the norm. Far from it.

liegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2014
Good thing most posters on this forum will have enough experience to know that what you describe is an exception and not in any way the norm. Far from it.

Hm not really. I've talked with quite a few people who have the same experience. And we all agree that every time we mention the fact that Android slows down after a few months of usage we'll get ostracised like we've just committed war crimes. It's ridiculous how people go out of their way to try to bring Apple down. :rolleyes:

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Hm not really. I've talked with quite a few people who have the same experience. And we all agree that every time we mention the fact that Android slows down after a few months of usage we'll get ostracised like we've just committed war crimes. It's ridiculous how people go out of their way to try to bring Apple down. :rolleyes:

No, Android doesn't slows down with time.

And still trying to grasp what has to do that with bringing down Apple.

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
When you've been on MR longer than a couple of days you'll understand that there are lots of open minded people here who get and appreciate both sides of the argument.

Start contributing, not slamming and maybe people will take you seriously.

liegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2014
No, Android doesn't slows down with time.

And still trying to grasp what has to do that with bringing down Apple.

Yes Android does slow down over time. I've used Android since Gingerbread, to ICS, then 4.2.2 and now 4.4.4.

The fact that people try so hard to trash Apple for faults that about every manufacturer on the market has, while overlooking and to a certain extent lying about the benefits of competitors, prove that they have an intention to mislead the public and ultimately destroy Apple's sales. And it's very ironic that many people who support Android and hate on Apple because they say that they support competition and that Apple is too monopolistic, while it's the Android king aka Samsung that has been doing the good work of annihilating about every competitive Android OEMs. It's not a "free" world if Apple is still alive.

Whatever you say, people like me are happy with our iPhone 6 and 6plus. And everytime we're called names or attacked, we'll just search online for Android OEMs' hardware issues or just simply pull out our old Android devices and we'll be reminded why we made the right choice. Have a good life. :apple:

----------

When you've been on MR longer than a couple of days you'll understand that there are lots of open minded people here who get and appreciate both sides of the argument.

Start contributing, not slamming and maybe people will take you seriously.

except this is impossible when the moment you mention you don't like Android for whatever reason you'll start being called names and accused of all sort of things. how fair. :apple:

I've lurked around for a while and don't see that many so-called open-minded people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.