Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sosab123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2014
With this iPhone I decided to get space gray for the black face and darker coloring, currently I have the champagne gold 6 plus and chose SG with almost no hesitation. However now I will have to get different cases as the black face does not compliment any of the cases my previous one did.

Prior to my 6plus I had a variety of android phones.. Usually I would get a certain color, get tired of it, then get a different one. I still would like to one day purchase a HTC one max in red.

I have a feeling with the next iteration of iPhones next year I will probably get silver as the white face and neutral back compliments any case.
How about you guys?

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Went black originally this year and swapped for white. Thinking of going back to black since I've had nothing but white phones

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Had a gold iPhone 6, but went with SG iPhone 6s+ this year. To me the white phone doesn't look as good on the larger phone so decided to go SG.

ChinaRye

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Washington, DC
Always had black since very first iPhone. Decided to mix things up this year and went with silver 6s+. I am using my Apple black leather case that I had from my 6+ from last year. I think it looks awesome.

cdm283813

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2015
When I had my only white phone (Note 3) I just hated it. Nothing beats black on black.

Attachments

• IMG_20151014_201036935.jpg
    IMG_20151014_201036935.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 265

Americasteam

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2014
I pretty much always get white phones. I went for space gray this time around. It's a nice change.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I had black bezels going back to iPhone 4. My 3GS was white. I now have Rose Gold with the white face and I love it. I always thought my Space Grey 6Plus looked like the 2001 Space Odyssey monolith. I thought that was cool at first but it started to depress me.

I did buy new cases to show off my new iPhone. I do think the black face goes more easily with everything than the white face does. But I am still happy with my choice. I needed a change after so many years with a black bezel phone. I'm glad Apple gives us the choice.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I had all the iPhone except for the first one.. My 3gs is white the 4s is white and the 6s+ is also white... I tend to get the white one on the s model...

th3r3ds0x

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
I tend to flip flop around depending on my mood I suppose. My 4 was black, 4s was white, 5 was white, 6+ space grey, 6s+ is gold. My ipad air 2 is gold also and I think that is part of the reason I went with the gold iphone this time.

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I haven't bought a white bezel iPhone for myself yet. My next iPhone (just bought the 6S) may not have a bezel and I'd missed the boat.

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Had a gold iPhone 6, but went with SG iPhone 6s+ this year. To me the white phone doesn't look as good on the larger phone so decided to go SG.

I agree, I had a white/silver iPhone 6 and thought i was by far the best looking phone at that size. This time around I went with the Black (SG) 6s Plus because I think it's the best looking of the larger phone colors options.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Don't like the way the question was worded :p but I go black for the X model then white for the Xs model.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
I just came from a Note 3. It was white, and I got the white/gold 6s Plus. After seeing a relative's space gray, I might go black next time.

I initially didn't want to do that because I didn't want to see fingerprints on the dark part, but the screen protector can cover the whole area.

JXShine

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
I have always gotten the white phones simply beacuse fingerprints and smudges show up more easily on black phones

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I go back and forth...have had just about every phone since the original and both bezel colors. I had a Space Gray 6, and fell in love with the rose gold, so went with that for the 6s+. My iPad Air 2 is silver with a white face and I love it. Just depends on my mood and the options when it's time to choose!

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I went from black/space gray (since my first iPhone to the 6), to the Rose Gold iPhone 6s. It feels like an entire new phone, because of that white front. I personally think it looks better than the SG model.

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
I used black faced iPhones for the past five years, this time, i went with the silver/white 6s. I've read that black is the way to go, if you play a lot, or watch lots of videos, as the black tends to blend in more with that kind of content on the screen, but to be honest, i did not find this a problem at all with the white face. I've never thought that i'd enjoy the white face this much. It's just looks so elegant, and its harder to notice smudges or fingerprints on the screen, or on the white "bezel".

vols

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
I'm currently going through this decision myself. I'm still rocking the iPhone 5 in black. I like to mix things up so I've been debating on the silver...but I still enjoy the black though. Decisions are definitely not my strong point haha

esfrost

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Don't be afraid, silver/white 6s looks stunning in the flash, if you ask me, it looks like some kind of very presice medical tool, i just love it. You can't go wrong with it.

vols

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
i just feel white can be a bit too flashy for me. Also I tend to see more females carry around white iPhones than black in my area...not that would have anything to do with my decision.

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
I always had black since the 3G until I went to the iPhone 5, which with its "scuffgate" issues wasn't such a good bet in black ("space grey" was basically invented to replace black for that reason). So I had a silver/white iPhone 5 and really enjoyed the change, I also liked the fact that although it picked up many dings and scratches around the sides they never looked bad at all since it was just silver poking through silver.

All of that said I went back to black this time for the 6S; on the whole I prefer the way that the screen just disappears when you turn the black model off, there's something sleeker about it, and they've actually made the once common black model feel a bit more exclusive now given that there's only the one alongside three other varieties of white.

Of course I've scratched it already, and the silver shines through against the grey a bit too much for my liking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.