Did Apple do something different with USB in Lion?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Imola Ghost, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I've got a Harmony 900 remote control (1.5 months old) that I cannot update now with Lion. I could update it fine Snow Leopard.

The remote should power up without the battery when you plug it in with the USB cord. I've tried it on both my MBP which has Lion also with the same results. When I plug it in with the USB cable and no battery the screen kind of flickers but it does not power up.

I'm not expert but thought since I just update both machines and I get the same results on either one something was changed, but I don't know much.

My remote works fine but I needed to make some changes and since I can't get it to connect with my Harmony 900 I can't update it.

Ideas?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, thanks.

I did fire up Windows 7 in Bootcamp and was able to update the remote there. I guess Logitech will come out with a update soon, I HOPE!

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just FYI - a couple of configurations that work fine:

I'm using the current Harmony app with a Harmony One with no problem. I also have a friend with an 800 series and it also works fine. My machine is a Early 2009 17", the other a first gen C2D 17" (merom).

Both had batteries, though.

We're both booted into the default Lion 64-bit mode, so it can't be a generic problem with 64-bit mode.