Did I make a contract with Verizon Fios?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frisco, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

1) Called them on Tuesday night night for a 2 year contract for their triple play package. Offered as $79.99, but I asked how much after taxes and fees--they said around $99.00 per month.

2) 99.00 per month is not my issue--that would save me $60.00 per month from Cablevision Triple play.

My concerns are 2.

#1 This being the most important---they say I can port my current Cablevision Fios. However I have read issues online where Verizon says you can to get your business but then reigns on the promise for various reasons like we don't own the number; You used to have Verizon DSL and then transferred it to Cablevision--we can only transfer it once.

#2 They are lying to me just to get my business back. Can I cancel this. I didn't sign any papers and just stopped short today of agreeing to it--where there is a check box.

I need this number until at least 09/04--I can't risk losing it. Verizon is coming on Tuesday--what to do?

2. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Just to be clear--my primary concern is keeping my current phone #. If I can't (Verizon says yes, but who can trust them), that's where the contract issue goes into play. Yes I did agree over the phone and that's it.

3. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I'm sure there's a 14 - 30 day grace period for canceling the contract, especially if they provided false information in order for you to sign up.

4. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

This is Verizon we are talking about. If they don't port my phone # they will simply deny that agreed to do so.

5. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Probably not. It is just the fact that every service that has a contract attached to it has a grace period in which you can still cancel or pull out of the agreement without a penalty.

7. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Oh no, the reason has to be that I'm a lawyer.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Oh well, you learn something new every day.

[​IMG]