Did not recieve my iPhone 3GS on the 19th. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cargo8, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Cargo8 macrumors newbie

I ordered my iPhone 3GS and it was promised to be delivered on the 19th. Unfortunately yesterday I receive an email from Apple, much like the one may received saying they assured that it would be delivered on the 19th contrary to the shipper's tracking details, that said they were sorry for the inconvenience, and I was likely not to get it until monday.

Am I wrong to think I should get some sort of compensation or something on this? "Delivery on the 19th" is delivery on the 19th right? Is anyone else in the same boat as me? :mad:

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Did you receive a guarantee of delivery by June 19th?

3. Cargo8 thread starter macrumors newbie

weren't we all?
    My friend just updated me and said that someone he knows was refunded about 500 dollars from UPS because his phone was delivered to the wrong place. I'll try giving them a call.

4. dwella1 macrumors member

Did you lose money through your business because of this? Also sounds like the shipper didnt get it to you. I think your looking for something out of nothing.

d

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I would be surprised if that were true

6. Cargo8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently the guy had it delivered to the MacEnthusiast store where he worked, it was delivered to the wrong place. UPS refunded him the cost of the phone (around 500 dollars) and he got to keep it.

7. starstudded macrumors newbie

You don't deserve any compensation. That's how it goes for the buyers. Once you spend your cash, you will be short-handed.

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

If Apple wanted to give you a small gift card or something, I don't see anything wrong with that

But, UNLESS they guaranteed you shipment on that date (I don't know if they did), you really shouldn't get anything from them.

9. Cargo8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I'm just flustered. Apple was promising all the preorders to arrive on the 19th were they not? The knife in the heart was the email from Apple reassuring that it should be delivered on the 19th. Then the subsequent email saying sorry it wasn't.

Did anyone else not recieve their preorder?

10. JohnFa macrumors regular

So he got $500 AND the phone just because they delivered it to the wrong address? You, or your friend, is a liar.

11. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Promise isn't a guarantee and as a lawyer myself, it can be quite a big difference :eek:

12. entity macrumors regular

You should get double back what you paid for shipping!

Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

13. dave006 macrumors 68020

The official Apple statement:

The ‘Delivers’ timeframe is an estimate of when the item will be delivered to your shipping address after it ships. The estimated delivery time depends on the shipping method you choose during checkout.
    All estimates are based on business days..

What does your carrier Tracking Information show? When did you order it, was it after June 16?

Dave

14. Cargo8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair enough.

My point is basically that i ordered it well before they shipped it and if Apple wanted all of the iPhone 3GS's to be delivered on the 19th (which obviously they did) they should have shipped it out earlier, and if need be held it at the nearby hub like they did with other orders, rather than my iPhone not being delivered on time. In reality its really not a big deal.

@JohnFa I'm not lying, and I'm pretty sure my friend isn't either. Maybe the guy he works with at MacEnthusiast is lying about the refund or story or something, I don't know about that. My friend was just looking out for me and told me to give UPS a call.

15. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

16. Cargo8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ordered 13th. Shipped 17th. Tracking Info said 23rd.
    Apple emailed me saying, disregard tracking info, it should be there 19th.
    Come the 19th, Apple emails again saying, sorry - it'll probably be there Monday.
    Called UPS, they don't really know about any of this, so the person just said it'll probably be there 23rd aka Tuesday.
    I'll just wait it out, whatever. No biggie. Just curious. It SEEMS I'm the only one who didn't recieve the order hahah.

17. t-rev macrumors member

Apple can't control UPS/FedEx. If the shipping companies experience delays due to weather etc., you'll just have to stop whining and wait. It's not the end of the world if your phone is a day late.

18. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Judging by how many here act, it is in fact the end of the world

And I won't make fun of them too much as I need things delivered on time in my daily life as well....and a cell phone is a big part of it

19. Cargo8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree, I'm overreacting, hahah.

But +1 to Diamond, especially when you're current phone looks like this:

[​IMG]

EDIT: it's also frustrating that tracking shows its pretty damn close to me, but won't be here until monday obviously because no shipping on weekends.

20. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I don't think you're overreacting. If Apple guarantees me something by a certain date, I expect them to fulfill that promise. I would call them and see what they can do for you. Even if they gave you a $15 iTunes card, I think they should do something for not coming through with the guaranteed delivery date.

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Was it guaranteed?

22. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

YES! When ordering, it said "Delivered by the 19th with free shipping." Then, they e-mailed him when UPS/FedEx said "Delivered by the 23rd" and assured him that he would have it by the 19th. I call that a guarantee.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st sorry

I know I would be bummed, However 1 Both Apple And AT&T said they were going to try there best to have the phones delivered on the 19th but once in there hands there was nothing they could do. 2nd I think UPS and Fedex did a great job and made a very good effort to get the phones delivered. honestly I feel for ya but I think all things considered there are more important things in life to worry about.living In Michigan I feel among the lucky just to be employed. you should have it Monday no Big deal. MY ups guy actually showed up way early normally get to my house around 5pm or latter he was here about 10am he knew it was a iphone and figured I was waiting. UPS and Fedex is getting all those phones delivered in one day is the closest we have seen to Santa Clause! ;)

Cargo8 if your frirnd got the phone and $500 then basically he is a thief. unless the store sold his phone. Also it might be reported too the carrier he activated it and they might end up wanting there money back!

24. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

It really sucks that you didn't get it on Friday. If you paid for expedited shipping you would be entitled to a refund on the that. I wouldn't expect compensation for anything else. You are still getting the phone and it's not going to be worth any less when you do receive it on a different date.

25. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I would be pissed too... I thought that mine would not make it on the 19th but it did, if it had not, I would be livid as they DID promise to have these to users on the 19th.