Did NOT see YELLOW Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0230, Oct 1, 2016.

1. pr0230, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016

pr0230 Suspended

For all of the complaining about yellow gate, I had to go to the apple store
    and see for myself... Screeen was bright a clear on ALL the phones I looked at...

Phone looks GREAT for a 3 year old phone....

Some things I did notice, the screen was only acceptable with the brightness turned to FULL... At midway or 3/4 it looked dark...
    THe store was busy and I played the short Jungle Book snipit that was on the phone... The video looked spectacular, however I could not hear the audio, even on full volume... I expected to have to turn it down...
    Again the store was crowded.

There were a ton of apps loaded on the phones, None felt hot or even warm...

2. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

I compared the iphone 7 screen with my iphone SE and my girlfriends iphone 6s

The 6s has the coldest white/colors , my SE is something in between and the 7 has a warmer white but the colors are the same like my SE. It's not such a big improvement in screen :/. I don't know about brightness for me it looks the same.

The audio quality is somehow better than my SE but if I compare iphone 7 with the 6s it's just louder.

3. Zaino macrumors member

Zaino

IMG_9375.jpg

Is my screen a lil bit yellow ? (Iphone 7)

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That's a screenshot, it doesn't give any indication of the color temperature of your screen.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

how is a screenshot supposed to provide us with anything? You literally don't know how to display the error you're trying to look for. smh, so i'l ask does it even matter?

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Weird on the audio. I played it in a busy Best Buy and it was fine. Hoping it is louder than my 6s+ for movie watching at work. Doesn't have to be much louder.

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

lol. I went to two stores. EVERY 7 Plus was more yellow than my 6S Plus. I mean, EVERY device. I went to compare side-by-side with the macrumors home page as the test page.

The reason why I know this is manufacturing variability and NOT simply a matter of the new color gamut and white point: many phones were different. Even comparing store models side-by-side, they did not look the same. Some had dark yellow tones, some were light, some were uneven while others were even, and one I saw had a yellow/green tint.

I do think they changed the white point/color gamut. A warmer tone was expected. But even then, there are still panel variabilities that cause problems for some people, and it is the same issue EVERY year going all the way back to the 5 or earlier (possibly to inception).

Some will have a problem, some will not. Some will notice, some will not. Some are just so thrilled about having a new phone, that they won't let anything take away from that (I wish I could be like you guys). Let's just leave it at that.

8. GoodOne macrumors regular

Second that. I compared my 6S+ with several 7 Plus with Maximum brightness and side-by-side the 7 Looks yellow in comparison. I guess if you don't compare them side-by-side most People wouldn't notice.

Too bad, I really like the Whites on the 6S+ and I wanted to get the 7 but I cancelled mine.

Some said that it was the same with the 6 / 6S in early production weeks but I don't believe that's the case because mine and my Brothers 6S+ are both Day 1 and they have colder Whites.

I don't like the yellowish/brownish Whites and I really hope they fix it with the 8. :(

9. Zaino macrumors member

Zaino

I just wanted to troll a lil bit for those who complain about Iphone 7..

10. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Compared my 7 to my 6s and my 7 is hands down brighter.

11. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

comparing 2x iPhone 6 and 1x iPhone 7 (iP6 on left, iP7 middle, iP6 right)

yellowy 2.png

12. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

White point. Color gamut. Glue. Yada yada yada.

13. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

If you have to ask.....

14. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

In the T-mobile store Saturday all their phones were bright white, nothing stood out as yellow. It looked the same for their 6/6s and SE models.

15. ShadowYYZ macrumors 6502a

ShadowYYZ

That's terrible... mine are about the same and I have a 6 6s and 7 plus. Mine doesn't have this issue thankfully. Your 7 looks like it has night mode enabled ( I know it doesn't) cause mine will look that way if I do. :S

16. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

This is *priceless*...

17. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

glue...lol that one is rich.

no nightmode clearly, just a stained screen. doesn't look problematic when comparing to other screens..so ill give it a few days

18. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

Mine looks like the one in the middle. It's driving me crazy! I have compared mine to several floor models in 2 different apple stores and they all look better than mine. I made an appt. a few days ago with the genius bar and was told it falls in line with Apple's calibration and because of that, they won't replace it. (The guy even agreed with me that something was off). Good news is I'm within my 14 day return policy. Bad news is since they have none in stock, I was told to call Apple (which I did) and they would replace. But, that means, I have to return my phone first before they send me out a replacement, which could take weeks to get a new one. So pissed right now.

19. FoxD macrumors 6502

I'm returning my third 7 Plus. It want the worst but it's still too warm and not bright enough. I keep wanting to make it brighter but it's at max. :(

Maybe they will fix the issue in the future.

20. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I have 4 coming on Wednesday and I hope they are all like the 30 or so models I have seen. My 7 is immaculate, all my co workers look perfect (7/7+) and the several in the stores (I know people will say they are hand picked) have looked great.

I know Apple won't release the stats of the "yellow" screens but imo the % would be small.

21. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Saw an iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 6S side by side last night and the 7 Plus is obviously yellow in comparison. They've been running for a while so whatever mythical glue would've dried out already.

Also, both devices fail HTML5 compliance test but runs fine on ipad Pro 9.7. Anyone on 7, 7 Plus, 6S or 6S Plus able to successful run this? On the iPP 9.7 it scored just under 400 while mobile Chrome on Android scores 498 to 500.

https://html5test.com/

22. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Just ran it on my 7 Plus. Scored 391.

23. KarmelVixen macrumors member

KarmelVixen

Mine scored the exact same as yours did.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 17, 2016 ---
    I kept reading about this yellow/white issue, but I never paid it any attention until today. I put my 7 plus next to my mothers 6s plus both on full brightness. There definitely was a huge difference in the screens. Now I can see the yellow tint my screen has. I kind of wish I never bought it to my attention. Lol

Attached Files:

24. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Not doubting you,,but can you post with the display setting page shown?

25. radiologyman macrumors 6502

We got 2 iPhones 7 and both more yellow than 6 and 6s we also have. Of course models prior to 7 had yellow screens but with 7 they are a lot more common. I'm keeping my 6s.