Did or would you settle for a different model ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by imutter, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Did you get the features you want in the ipad2?

1. Yes got what I want

45 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. No settled for different color

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. No settled for different GB

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. No settled for different Carrier

8 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. No settled for more the 1 different feature

9 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Still waiting for snatch the one I desire

16 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. imutter, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

Now I knew exactly which one I need or wanted
    I done my research.
    32GB white wifi with blue smart cover
    I looked at my iphone usage and websites youtube etc.
    I wanted white because all accessories match (including docks cables etc.)
    I Had already figured out I switch phone numbers with my son (so we keep one phone on unlimited) and add tethering so no 3G needed.
    When it was time to buy that thing, big dissapointment set in as I planed to go to the store (first time ever for a launch) by the 5pm time. No way was I taking my special needs child through rush hour traffic to a mall and wait in line with people all high in aticipation of grabbing the newest gadget on the market.
    So order online was my option . Here I kept track on what time they open the online ordering. i got up a few minutes before 4am and ordered exactly what I wanted ............I am happy owner of the ipad2 I REALLY WANTED.
    So did you get what yu want or did you settle for what ever you can get your hands on? (Please if you are a reseller we know the answer)

2. oHai macrumors member

I wanted a 16GB black wifi. Waited in line at Best Buy and they only had them in white when they got to me - I took it. Not really a big sacrifice for me - I love it.

3. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

I want 32GB Black Wi-Fi w/ Red Smart Cover. Unless all they have is 64GB Black Wi-Fi; I am not changing what I want just to get on earlier.

BTW If you lived near me you could of gotten the one you wanted on day one. My Best Buy had plenty of ugly whites left right before closing.

4. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I waited in line for 4 hours... and I got my iPad 2! It was well worth it. When the Apple employees got to me handing out tickets... I got one of the last ones!

5. shareef777 macrumors 68020

shareef777

I ordered thru apple a 16 white for my daughter and 64 black for myself. I found a local 64 white at target and picked it up. The white apple order was cancelled, and the eta for my black is April 6th. Don't plan on budging for my unit.

Though I changed the unit for my daughter, I'm glad I wound up doing so. Turned out all her disney/Dora movies added up to over 40gb.

6. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

I got a 32GB Black WiFi from Target on Wednesday. I'm #11 on the wait list for a White one with the same specs at our campus store so I was planning on using the Black one until my reservation comes through. Then I would take advantage of Targets 90 day return policy. However this Black one is pretty sweet and may make me change my mind.

7. nipponfan macrumors regular

16GB wifi only black on launch day. Waited 2,5h in line altogether, showed up about 30min before the store opened. Apple Store Woodland/Grand Rapids.

8. kevjen888 macrumors 6502

i'm in the similar boat i ordered a 3G model with AT&T and that still hasn't been shipped yet. i grabbed a wifi version yesterday from Target and using it for now. you do realize that once the box is open they'll charge 15% restocking fee for return. so now i'm contemplating whether i should cancel my AT&T order they haven't charged my card yet and just wait for the Target has that same 3G model in the next 90 day and do the simple exchange without the penalty of restocking fee.

9. fanboy05 macrumors regular

fanboy05

Yep, I wanted a 16 g in white

But if they had only had a different model in white I would have bought it, my only thing was I wanted the white, and to spend as little $ as possible , but had the funds if I had to get the more expensive model, as I was worried all the 16 g would be sold out... I got in line early and waited, and am glad I did, cause the line was way longer than I thought it would possibly be by 4:30 pm when they handed out the few tickets they had, and the store only had 65 total that came in!
    Luckily they had the one I wanted, and I didn't have to for over extra for a white one with 3G or more g that I wouldn't use, but I would have been fine if I had to get a more expensive one, since the resale seems to be decent anyway.

The apple store line was insanely long, so I am glad I didn't go there , they sold out fast too though!

10. Mdifilm macrumors regular

yeah, I did settle with a 32gb one instead of 16gb, now the 16gb iPad 2 will be ariving for pickup tomorrow and I still debating if I want to sell it or return it or just keep it.

11. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I wanted AT&T 64gb white. I got In line after work at best buy at 4:45 pm, and I was the last person to get any model: a Verizon 64gb white. A couple of minutes later, an employee came down the line with a ticket for the model that I wanted that someone else had given up: a man in line 2 people ahead of me snagged it. I asked him if he wanted to swap because I have the unlimited data plan, but he wanted AT&T, too. Fair enough.

I like the Verizon model a great deal, and i had resigned myself to giving up my unlimited data plan, but I can see that I'm going to go over 3gb in a month based on my usage so far, so I'm going to return it and get an AT&T model. It's on order from apple, so I'll have a nice wait.

I was in a very rural area of Texas on Friday, and I had a strong 3G signal on my iPad, but it was nonexistent on my at&t iPhone: I'll miss that, but I'm rarely outside of an AT&T area, and it looks like the unlimited data is going to be more important (I had no idea how much data I was using on the iPad 1: I couldn't find a way to track usage on the unlimited plan).

12. Skydivincoastie macrumors member

Today I got the white 64gb wifi but only wanted the 16gb wifi. I guess it's time to download some more movies

13. LawyerBarbie macrumors newbie

I got a 32GB, Wi-fi in black when I wanted the 32GB, 3G in White. I am happy with the color swap but loathe that I didn't get 3G....it will be going back or getting traded for the 3G I think.

14. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Yep! Got exactly the one I wanted...took a week to find it and had to drive out of state.

15. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

16. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Wanted 16gb white wifi, got 64gb black AT&T 3G

17. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Got my wife a white 64gb Verizon when i was hoping to get her a white 32gb AT&T but I knew the AT&T was not gonna happen. Was in line Saturday at Apple at 5am and was okay with "upgrading" her to get it, and be done with this fiasco.

Now for me, I got exactly what I was looking for as I waited in line on release day for 7+ hours.

18. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Got a 32 gb wifi, really want a 32 or 64 gb 3G AT&T black.

If anyone feels like working out a deal to swap and I'd pay some cash on top of it, lemme know! :)

19. LawyerBarbie macrumors newbie

LOL, Cutwolf I'm in the same boat...we will fight to the death!:)

20. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Haha! Both lawyers as well...

Anyone we can sue for our iPads?

In all seriousness, the thought crossed my mind to drive to Canada on 3/25 just to snag one...I've never been to Canada.

21. LawyerBarbie macrumors newbie

In all seriousness, the thought crossed my mind to drive to Canada on 3/25 just to snag one...I've never been to Canada.[/QUOTE]

Road trip! I'm down south, so it would be quite a drive...but if there is a 3G somewhere then I'm there.

Re: suing...I had hoped I would get trampled on launch day so that I could sue Steve Jobs but my efforts at causing a stampede were pretty futile....let me know if you come up with anything. :)

22. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Noooo!! Don't come and steal our precious iPad. We had been waiting for them for sooo many weeks now ;)

23. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Wanted 64GB black wifi, got 32 - same as what I had on iPad 1. Have a bit over half full - with Home Sharing, I don't need to keep a large video library on it.

I don't see using the video capability much, so again not much room needed. If I really need HD, I have a Canon HF-10 and relatively fast UB MBP setup (8GB RAM, 500 GB hybrid 7200 HD),

Saved $100. Spent that and more on Smart Cover, dock, and AppleCare. At least that was a good rationalization of the getting a cheaper model. ;)