Did you buy what you said you would?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Apr 10, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

How long ago did you make a firm decision on what you were going to get? Did you change your mind a lot before then? Did you actually buy what you said you were going to? Did you trade up or down because of availability issues?

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

3. Elzbeth macrumors regular

Have gone back and forth a hundred times and ended up with my original choice, however, now wondering if I made the right decision!

4. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

I made a firm and final commitment to pretty much every combination. Finally made up my mind two days ago – Tim Cook Special – and stuck with it when I ordered.

5. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

From the September reveal until the March event I wanted the Space Black SS 42mm (with black link bracelet) - then when the pricing was revealed I changed my mind to the less expensive 42mm SS Milanese Loop. That's what I ended up ordering tonight. I also ordered a green sport band, but it looks like that might not show up for a few more weeks.

6. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

During that period, I was all set to get the Edition :cool:

Then they published the prices . . .

7. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I toyed with the idea of a SS with black sport band but it was always going to be a 42mm Space Grey Sport.

8. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

i was interested in the edition (figured I could afford it when i expected it to be ~$1000. HAhahahaha)
    Then went for the Space Black Link since thats what I really wanted to put on my pebble. And wimped out of that too when I saw the price. But I did like the Milanese since I saw it, and I did order that...

9. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Yes ! Space gray 42mm black sport band .
    4/24-5/8 delivery day .

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Exactly the same here.

11. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Nice ! I can't wait ! Lol. I have my appointment at 1 pm . Going to try it out after my workout session .

12. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Yes, ordered 42mm SS with Link. Same choice from day one and never thought of changing to other combinations. Might add a leather strap later

Now the long 4-6 weeks wait......again. Seems like all we do is wait

13. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Not even a little, my g/f kind of convinced me to get a pink one when I thought I was going to get a blue. I really wanted orange and the pink looks more orange than pink.

I also ordered a black band for office / formal stuff.

If the platform is successful I will most likely upgrade to a more stylish formal type of band.

14. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Yes 38 ss milanese. Had a wobble when read the Verge review, and thought about getting sport, but decided to get what I wanted.

15. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Yeap Milanese loop, when i saw the 4-6 weeks shipping i was ..... :eek: went back and saw black rubber the same and my last choice the classic band was still available but i went with the loop anyway.

16. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I more or less did. I decided on the 42mm SS with black sport strap a while ago but for the past week I've been toying with the idea of getting the milanese loop and trying to squeeze into it because frankly that's the one I really want.

But in the end I stuck with the sports strap just so I can be sure it will fit round my bloody wrist when it arrives. I'll head to my nearest Apple store at some point and see if I can force my way into the milanese loop and if I can I'll buy one. Be handy having one for exercise and one for everything else anyway I suppose.

17. 10smom macrumors regular

10smom

Could not resist bought the gold macbook after purchase of Apple watch sports white band!! So I over bought!:eek:

18. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My decision came down to the last minute but I ended up getting the SS Black Sport band (vs Aluminum Space Gray).

I don't like the SS steel but really wanted a Sapphire display.

19. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, though I managed to sleep through my alarm and have a June shipping date. Whatever. It comes when it comes. Space Black Stainless Steel Link. :D

20. Sophrosyne macrumors member

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band and AppleCare+

21. joealanjones macrumors member

Was stuck between Link and Milanese.

Went for Milanese because of the shipping estimates.

Just tried them both on and they're both fantastic.

22. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Did you buy what you said you would?

YES! xD received confirmation email at 8:04am. So happy

SS 42mm White

23. cardfan macrumors 65816

I had thoughts of the sport for a bit after seeing reviews. But here's the thing. If I don't like the performance, I'll return it. Getting the Sport made no sense in that regard. It's not as if I would keep the Sport model either if it's too laggy or buggy.

24. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Yes but was only ever going with my first choice no matter what the wait.

25. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Ummed and arrr'd a bit, and eventually went for the sport white.

Didn't want to risk another iPhone 5 with the coating on the space grey. If that thing chips, it's going to show up really bad.