Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgia-svt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
I thought that iLife came installed on the rMBP. I had to wipe and restore my rMBP beacuse of a migration problem when I first got my rMBP. I called appl and one sevice tech told me it did come with it that it would show up in Mac app store as purched. But mine did not show up I called back and the other Tech guy told me it does not come preinstalled. Did your rMBP come with iLife?
Thanks,
Jeff

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Should have been installed....

Attachments

• ScreenShot 2012-07-20 at 5.37.28 PM.PNG
    ScreenShot 2012-07-20 at 5.37.28 PM.PNG
    200.5 KB · Views: 163
W

WarrenFields

Yupp mine did. That's weird that your's didn't because it is supposed to...says it on the Apple website.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Check in the App store. If you had them on a previous machine you may be able to download from there. It shows on my Apple ID, I guess from my old MacBook Air or Mini

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
Yes, you have to visit the store first before it will register then you can download like any other purchase

I hope this is true as I don't want it on my rMBP as I don't use and it would just take up space.

georgia-svt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
I'm signed in on the app store it shows no purchases. So some have it and some don't have it. I wonder what the deal is.
jeff

deerfaced

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Is it just garage band, iPhoto and iMovie?

They were already on mine, updates waiting in the app store.

I don't think pages / numbers are included in iLife are they? (They show as pay for downloads on my machine)

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is it just garage band, iPhoto and iMovie?

They were already on mine, updates waiting in the app store.

I don't think pages / numbers are included in iLife are they? (They show as pay for downloads on my machine)
Pages and Numbers are iWork, not iLife.

Mabyboi

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
They should be in the app store for you, I've noticed this on a few macs I've set up recently, iLife wasn't found on some, but WERE on others... It's about 50/50 with the 10 or so I've set up in the last week.

The ones that didn't have it pre installed had the apps waiting for them In the app store after registering.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
iPhoto and garageband were on my rMBP. I say were (at least for garageband) because I deleted it.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
After I registered my rMBA, I went to the Puchased page of the App Store where it showed the iLife apps, and there was an "Accept" button to the right. When I clicked "Accept", the apps were downloaded and installed.

Queen6

macrumors G4
I'm signed in on the app store it shows no purchases. So some have it and some don't have it. I wonder what the deal is.
jeff

iLife is installed on all new Mac`s you need to sign into the App`s on the initial system start up, validate iLife it`s then available indefinitely. If you erase your system before logging into the App`s store, iLife will not be available and you will need to contact Apple directly.

georgia-svt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
That must be what happened I never got past the migration screen and had to erase and do a full restore to get to even see my rMBP fully booted.
jeff

spdntrxi

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
You failed to answer the OP's question correctly. In fact, you answered it incorrectly. = Fail.

Couldn't care less whether you would use it or not.

Well atleast you used couldn't care less correctly.. Kudo to you

His last question .. Did yOur rmbp come with iLife? = nope = fail = seriously?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.