Did you get the plus or the normal iPhone 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akash.nu, Oct 3, 2017.

1. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

2. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

The Plus of course... because size matters when you have big hands.

Attached Files:

• 8-2.jpg
      8-2.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  3. vLeo macrumors newbie

vLeo

I ended up getting the 8+. I was debating if i should go for the smaller one as I did have the 7+, but I knew if I did eventually I was going to miss the plus.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don't have very large hands. But I do prefer the Plus model because it has more of a direct advantage for me when it comes to viewing the display and battery life. I know the trade-off is it's not easy to use one handed, but I'm willing to accept that for those other two factors.

5. ArtVandalay macrumors newbie

I got the 8 and am happy with it. I had the 8 Plus, but returned it because it was just too big. A big turnoff was it didn't fit anywhere in my car except the seat. Never had a plus phone prior.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The only issue I have with the Plus size iPhone, is carrying it. I can never get it fully comfortable in my pocket and I don't wear my iPhones externally on a holster on my belt. But given the size, I Think the other advantages of the iPhone Plus outweigh carrying it in a pocket being a major problem.

7. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Yeah... I agree with those 2 as well. Another reason I like the Plus is it's obviously a lot easier to text on.

On a side note, when I mentioned that it's easy for me to use one handed I had a poster tell me last week there was no way I use it one handed... to which I beg to differ.

LOL

I never put it in my pants pocket... it's hand held or in a jacket pocket. In the car I just throw it on the front seat. My car has built in bluetooth and GPS... never need to look at the phone anyway.

Thanks Apple! Long live the Plus!

Attached Files:

8. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I had the 7 and the 7 plus before it. Last week, I went back and got an 8+.

9. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I got regular iPhone 8 because i already have two 7 Plus models. So don't need iPhone 8 Plus considering the difference is minimal with spec bumps and improved camera [which i don't use often]
    Although i am waiting for iPhone X 64 GB Silver.

10. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Had the 6 and then 7, but after a while my eyes needed something larger, so I got the 8+. Glad I did. Slightly better screen then the 7, slightly better battery life as well. ;)

11. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I got the Plus. I had a 6 then a 6 Plus but didn't really like the Plus back then. Then I got the 6s and decided this time around to give the Plus a second try. I really like it now. I think it had to grow on me. My wife got one as well and seems to like it after initially being hesitant. While it might be dated in its appearance, it's a great phone.

12. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Dated by calendar I guess... a design released in Sept 2014 has no place in today's tech world?

Sorry, not buying it. It's a good reason the X fans like to use though so they can feel better about their purchase... "The 6/7/8 design is outdated."

Ok...

:rolleyes:

If we are gonna take about dated iPhone designs lets talk about the 4 and 5.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Last three iPhone have all been the plus size. The 8+ is perfect for me. Keyboard is great for my big hands.

14. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

Seems like I’m in the minority - I got an 8 *runs away and hides* :oops::p

15. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

You might be in the minority, but you’re not alone! I downsized to the 7 last year and stayed with the 4.7” screen again this year. To me it is the perfect phone. Does everything I need it to, can be used comfortably with one hand, and the battery lasts me through the day comfortably. Not sure what else I need from a phone honestly.

16. vbrad26 macrumors member

I had a 6, then a 6s, so I decided to go for the 8+ just to switch it up.
    We'll see how it goes.

Worst case I switch to an X (or whatever it will be) next year since it's physically a bit smaller.

17. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I should have looked at my post more thoroughly. I don't think the 8 looks outdated at all to be honest. I think I've been reading too many X threads. I agree only dated in the sense of not the X.

18. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

I had the regular 8 for 7 days before I decided to get the 8+. I was anti plus ever since it came out but I was really impressed by the iPhone 8+ camera and decided to try one out and feel it in my hand at the store. A long story short I loved it and have had it since Saturday.

19. spooky23 macrumors 6502

spooky23

20. vin1717 macrumors member

I had an 8 for a week, then returned it to get an 8+. I had a 6s prior and I felt there was very little difference, so I decided to make the switch while I was still in the 14 day window. The battery, camera, and speed are a huge step up, so I'm very happy with my decision.

21. Nozuka macrumors 68020

i think this could potentially be very dangerous.

22. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

LOL... a face down phone on the front (passenger) seat is dangerous in what way? I'm gonna slam on my brakes and it's gonna slide off the seat, richochet off the floorboard and then hit me in the head knocking me out behind the wheel?

:)

23. solo118 macrumors 65816

Had the 6S, got the 7+, after a week of use I think it's just too big. Going to pick up an 8 until I get my hands on an X

24. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

Had all the plus versions so went with an 8 plus. Will get an X to be my 'dress' phone.

25. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 604

akash.nu

Definitely looks like more plus owners this year.