Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jericho878

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2006
Boston, MA
My card also got charged today. Apple seem to be pretty good at shipping within the stated time frame (7 - 10 business days), so our orders could be on a plane by Friday. :D

------
2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-2x1GB
160GB SATA @ 5400rpm
SuperDrive 8X
17" Glossy Widescreen Display

souffa

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
got the 17" standard build, shipping on the 7th and delivery on the 9th, which is a bloody good turn around, only 2 days. Anyone else in Australia got these dates, specially delivery date?

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
tokyo
It seems that all those who have ordered the 17" have to wait. I ordered mine on the 26th and will probably see it sometime around 7th to 15th of November! That's what's happening all over.:cool:

Hello!

Did you order yours from the Japanese store?

The guy at the Apple Store in Ginza, from where I expect to walk in and purchase a stock 17" Japanese MBP (with Japanese keyboard, yes), has upgraded his attitude from "I'll call you when they come in" to "I think they're coming soon."

I asked him if Tokyo being closer to Shanghai than most of the rest of the Mac-buying world affected the shipping times, and he said, "Sort of."

HmmmmMMMM.

WICK3D

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2006
Monterrey, Mexico
Ordered mine today
Estimated Shipped By: Nov 16 :(

Code:
2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM-2x1GB
100GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
SuperDrive 8X
17" Glossy Widescreen Display
No Modem
BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
Country Kit

I think it woild be a huge upgrade. Right now I'm on a mac mini core solo 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM. This would be my 2nd mac and i am not thinking in switch back to pc ever.

I can't wait to get it :D :D :D

regards from mexico

AlwaysRight

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2006
Hello!

The guy at the Apple Store in Ginza, from where I expect to walk in and purchase a stock 17" Japanese MBP (with Japanese keyboard, yes), has upgraded his attitude from "I'll call you when they come in" to "I think they're coming soon."

I asked him if Tokyo being closer to Shanghai than most of the rest of the Mac-buying world affected the shipping times, and he said, "Sort of."

HmmmmMMMM.

Have you been to the Osaka Apple Store? Its the best one i've been to.
BTW: mine is shipping on the 10th due to arrive the 14th in Australia

Nightkrawler

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Vienna, Austria
I feel ripped off! Mine has the 160Gb drive, glossy screen and a modem and it cost me €2.653,26 after student discount!!!!!!!! Lucky sod!

Well the 100GB/7200 RPM drive subtracts 100€ (way better option, you can buy another drive for that money when bigger 7200 RPM drives are available IMHO), and the modem costs 55€.

Did you order trough your university (Apple on Campus) or directly through the apple edu store? In the normal apple edu store you are getting only 10% discount, on the store of the university (Apple on Campus) you will get ~12% discount.

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
tokyo
Have you been to the Osaka Apple Store? Its the best one i've been to.
BTW: mine is shipping on the 10th due to arrive the 14th in Australia

Never been to the Osaka store, no. I seldom am able to leave Tokyo : ( Next time I'm down there, I'll check it out, though.

I suppose there's absolutely no reason whatsoever, then, to stop in at the Ginza store on the way home from work, is there? Probably no reason at all. Absolutely no reason at all.

. . . Maybe I'll go there anyway? I mean, it's something to do. And it's on the way.

. . . . . . Helllllll, we have a three-day weekend; it would have really been nice to have the MBP all weekend. Just because. I guess I'll have to march in there next Tuesday and put my hands on my hips and say "I know you have them!! Bring one to me now!!"

This situation is getting outright shameful.

rw1979

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
Well the 100GB/7200 RPM drive subtracts 100€ (way better option, you can buy another drive for that money when bigger 7200 RPM drives are available IMHO), and the modem costs 55€.

Did you order trough your university (Apple on Campus) or directly through the apple edu store? In the normal apple edu store you are getting only 10% discount, on the store of the university (Apple on Campus) you will get ~12% discount.
I ordered mine through the online store with the edu discount there. Everytime I tried to speak to the apple (student) rep on campus she was gossiping with a friend. I never realised that there was an extra 2% to be saved... Mind you I think she was still plugging the old MBPs. I may invest in a hybrid drive when they come out later next year...

AlwaysRight

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2006
Never been to the Osaka store, no. I seldom am able to leave Tokyo : ( Next time I'm down there, I'll check it out, though.

I suppose there's absolutely no reason whatsoever, then, to stop in at the Ginza store on the way home from work, is there? Probably no reason at all. Absolutely no reason at all.

. . . Maybe I'll go there anyway? I mean, it's something to do. And it's on the way.

. . . . . . Helllllll, we have a three-day weekend; it would have really been nice to have the MBP all weekend. Just because. I guess I'll have to march in there next Tuesday and put my hands on my hips and say "I know you have them!! Bring one to me now!!"

This situation is getting outright shameful.

All the Apple stores are on the way in japan if you catch the right shinkansen:) https://forums.macrumors.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
All the Apple stores are on the way in japan if you catch the right shinkansen:) https://forums.macrumors.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

my "on the way" is an 1:10 minute drive - which, for no reason I did today. At least, got to correct phone number on my name in que and speak with them about testing (for wayward pixels at purchase time). No problem with that, and if bad, they'll make it right. the upshot: nope, they didn't come in today. But, they are in the 'any day now" feeling. Probably should get to sleep, in case "the call" comes in.

waiting on:
MBP C2D 17" 2.33GHz 2GB 160GB

been upgrading from PB 17" 1.67, so have already bought the following to support transistion from PCCard to ExpressCard/34:
Compact Flash ExpressCard/34 adapter (Delkin, B&H Photo) - hangs out slighly to provide wider slot for CF $69
Belkin Media adapter (SD,XD, etc.) ExpressCard/34 (Fry's) - fits flush in computer slot, even flat with SD card installed. $35
bought new LSP from OWC (Leather Screen Protector). Covers the entire keyboard, trackpad and palmrests. It's my 4th (plus gifts) and work great. screen just gets even coat of dust after bit, but no marks whatsoever. The leather stays clean. I just whip it with back of hand or shirt. Treat screen (and rest of computer) with iKleen. Being antistatic, it keeps the dust down for awhile. so, unless something get stuck on scren, it's spit or drip of drink or ? Anyway, it all cleans off.

Need a good source of OEM WIN-XP SB2 for boot camp experiment. Any thoughts? found these guys: http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sales_getprod.php?masterid=4197922&lot_id=3620736. Seems lie the way to go, as I'm not evey sure how much I'll dual boot once Paralles get h/w directX support. Sounds like it's on their list.

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
so has no one even had their 17" MBP shipped yet?

I am not sure if my card has been charged but i guess if it is not BTO then the card will be charged once shipped.

I ordered on 24th October here in UK and my shipping date is 7th Nov, well thats the 10 working days stated in the "Shipping within 7-10 working days" but the the 7th working day since order is today, so i think mine will ship today (Thursday), Friday, Monday or Tuesday

Once shipped it days it will be delivered on 14th, which is 5 working days from the said shipping date. So if it ships today and it takes 5 working days, i might have it next Thursday, But I am hoping it takes less thank 5 working days to go from China to UK.

Fingers crossed!!

usvi4me

macrumors regular
Something has changed

No activity on my credit card, no e-mail BUT just for the heck of it I tried to cancel my order. Can not do it online anymore. Here's the message I received:

It's not possible to cancel your item(s) due to one or more of the following circumstances:

1. You have just placed your order and our system may not have processed it yet. Please allow 15 minutes before trying to cancel. In some cases your items will not be eligible for cancellation because we have begun the fulfillment process.
2. Your item has already been shipped.
3. Your item has already been cancelled.
4. Your item was electronically delivered.
5. Your item is being built or is being prepared for shipment and can no longer be cancelled.
6. Your payment method is not supported for online cancellation. If you have already forwarded payment, please call 1-800-676-2775 to cancel your order.

I tried it yesterday and I sure could have cancelled it online.

rgates2000

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2006
Sammamish, WA
No activity on my credit card, no e-mail BUT just for the heck of it I tried to cancel my order. Can not do it online anymore. Here's the message I received:

It's not possible to cancel your item(s) due to one or more of the following circumstances:

1. You have just placed your order and our system may not have processed it yet. Please allow 15 minutes before trying to cancel. In some cases your items will not be eligible for cancellation because we have begun the fulfillment process.
2. Your item has already been shipped.
3. Your item has already been cancelled.
4. Your item was electronically delivered.
5. Your item is being built or is being prepared for shipment and can no longer be cancelled.
6. Your payment method is not supported for online cancellation. If you have already forwarded payment, please call 1-800-676-2775 to cancel your order.

I tried it yesterday and I sure could have cancelled it online.

I am now seeing the same thing. Yesterday I was able to cancel today I cannot. This bodes well for us who ordered the 17" MBP. Just for everyone's information, I chose a stock 17" other than a glossy instead of matte screen. I saw them side by side in the Apple store and prefer the glossy. Here's to hoping it ships early next week. I am moving on the 22nd so it better be here before then. :)

kfdan

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2006
Hello!

HmmmmMMMM.
I order mine right off the Apple store Ginza :D site on the net. Got info that it will arrive 14th November. Being close to China doesn't really mean anything me thinks!

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
I just checked and i can cancel my order, so i guess mine in not shipping today, i wish they would hurry up!

Walling1

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2006
According to order status, my MBP C2D 17" ships on 11-7-06, and should arrive by 11-13-06. However, I paid for 2-3 day shipping, and when I emailed Apple about this, they said it should arrive "on or before 11-10-06." And my new shuffle arrives tomorrow...

rw1979

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
Just been onto the apple sales team in Ireland and besides being told that it will ship on 7th and be delivered on 15th the guy did confirm it was in production right now.
Can't believe I may have to wait 13 more days though... :(

Reach

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Norway
In production is better than nothing I guess..
When did everyone order?
My order at Order Status says October 24th, 01:21 PM GMT (06:21 AM US/Pacific, 08:21 AM US/Central)
Who's first...? :p

Edit:
What I ordered:
MBPRO 17/2.33/2G/160/256VRAM/SD-DL-NOB

Reach

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Norway
When I try to cancel I get to a new page where I can cancel and give them a reason for cancellation. I won't try any further than that! haha Would kill me if I actually managed to cancel it just to see if I could..
But I take it I can cancel since it gives me that page?

usvi4me

macrumors regular
When I try to cancel I get to a new page where I can cancel and give them a reason for cancellation. I won't try any further than that! haha Would kill me if I actually managed to cancel it just to see if I could..
But I take it I can cancel since it gives me that page?

Yes, that is where I stopped yesterday as well. However today it does not give me that option anymore it just states what I said in a previous post. I keep refreshing my order page and I keep checking the credit card but sofar no shipping info.

Commodity9

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don't think it's me ...

ordered 10/24/06 0624 PST - 01:24 PM GMT mmmm 3 minutes after yours ?? I can not cancel my order any more - can you ?

ordered Oct 24, 2006 at 06:39 AM PST, just tried canceling order and got the same results as previous posts. Looks like they are in production.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Ordered mine on the 24th at 10:21 AM PST. Stock glossy. I can't cancel on-line, so I guess it's in production.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.