Did you guys insure your iPhone 4 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Jun 24, 2010.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

For those who got the iPhone 4 already, did you guys insure your iPhone yet? Which one did you use? Squaretrade? Applecare? AT&T? or Homeowners/Renters insurance? Amex? For anyone with a coupon on squaretrade, could you pm me? I would really appreciate it.

2. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

apple care:apple::apple::apple:

3. Xirian macrumors member

Try THIRTY30 or SUNSHINE for squaretrade.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

That's an extended warranty.... Not insurance. Squaretrade is both. A much better deal.

5. elwood2 macrumors member

I purchased a squaretrade warranty for my 3g for 30% off I believe. When I purchased my 3gs 4 months later, squaretrade sent me an email with a 50% off coupon!

I hope they send another 50% off again this year for the iPhone 4.

AT&T's third-party insurance/warranty is quite expensive at $12/mo plus a pretty steep deductable should you ever have to use it.

It's a little more waiting with squaretrade than AT&T but I'd rather save the money and have to wait a few more days (squaretrade gurantees a 5 day decision after receiving your phone).

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I did squaretrade with my iPad and have used them before but I like knowing I can get my iPhone replaced with the extended warranty from Apple as well.

I don't now which direction I'll go. I know having extended Applecare has taken care of me in the past but, considering the glass body and everything, it might not be bad to use Squaretrade.

I also need to consider that there are no other phones that use a microsim at this point so being able to get the iPhone swapped at the Apple store immediately may not be a bad thing.

I've got a few days to decide.

7. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

Ditto. Got it for my MBP too just for peace of mind.

8. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

what if I call my renters insurance from Allstate and they ask how much iPhone 4 cost? Do I tell them the subsidized cost I paid for $299 or the unsubsidized cost which I'm not sure how much?

9. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I went with the Mobileprotect by Assurion. Most complain about the price, but it does what I need it to do so no complaints by me :D

11. Centient macrumors 6502

Be sure your state will cover your cell under your home owners policy if that's the way you're going. I've got a call into my Allstate agent and I live on OH/KY border. She tells me that KY does not cover cell phones, but is looking into whether OH does.

12. Centient macrumors 6502

Anyone going squaretrade should know that they have a deal working with slickdeals.net wherein you can get coverage for $86 for 2 years using slickphone4 code.

13. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

14. Cooper1662 macrumors newbie

SquareTrade isn't insurance, it's a warranty. Once claim and you are done.

If you pay for two year's worth of car insurance, and have a fender bender, do they drop you immediately?

15. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

SAfeware for me. $99 for my 32GB iPhone 4, included theft and water damage and more important not limit on Occurrences

Accidental Damage: This includes drops, falls, collisions, and general clumsiness.
    Theft: Unfortunately, this is one of the most common causes of iPhone loss.
    Liquid Damage: Whether it's splash damage or full-on submersion, you're covered.
    Power Surges: A cooked iPhone is a useless iPhone. Lucky for you, this won't be a worry.
    Vandalism: Sometimes recovering a stolen iPhone is worse than never having found it at all. Not to worry, you're covered.
    Fire: Because a crispy or melted iPhone won't do you much good.

[​IMG]

16. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

slickphone4, Sunshine Dont work!

Thirty30 actually makes it cost more than the offer going right now!

ANYONE HAVE A CODE THAT WORKS AND REDUCES THE COST???

17. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Safeware says it doesn't cover "Warranty Coverage" .... What exactly is this?

18. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Safeware only covers up to $500 on the 32GB and $400 on the 16GB. A new iPhone is $699/$599. Not worth it when there are better options available.

19. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It is an "accidental" coverage not a manufactures warranty, it doesn't cover manufactures defects.

20. bobab8ey macrumors member

They won't accept any claims for anything that is currently covered under Apple's warranty. It's their way of saying "This is Apple's problem, not ours..."

21. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

which one you consider a better option?

22. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Good point. Not sure. Squaretrade is much cheaper if you find the right coupon and it covers $100 more. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover theft or loss.

23. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

that's one of the main reason i get the insurance, Theft and Water/fire damage. I couldn't find any better option, Apple's give me 1 year warranty and i've been replacing my iphone yearly so no really worries after that. $500 back is better than nothing (in case of theft or damage)

24. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Yea but there is also a $50 deductible. So if you're required to get a new phone you're paying $50 deductible + $200 difference + $110 for the plan totaling $360. A brand new one is $600 so you're saving $240 total IF you lose your phone. Don't know if it's worth it.

25. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Again, $360 back is better than nothing in case of Theft or damage, best option in my opinion, if you find a better one, just PM me right away i will move to it immediately