Did you keep the receipt for your AppleCare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SPNarwhal, Jun 2, 2010.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I had my Macbook Pro 17" replaced, and they said I had two options for what to do with my AppleCare:

1.) transfer the remaining time over to my new machine (which is a waste, since instead of extending at the end of the original 1 year i would get anyway, it just blends in with it.

2.) get a check for the remaining amount of time left.

I went for the check option, but when I called them they told me that I couldn't unless I have the original receipt from when I purchased it.
    Does anybody keep their original receipts?
    I wouldn't expect to ever have to "return" the AppleCare, or have my laptop replaced, so I wouldn't even think about keeping a receipt like that. Most people don't even keep the box.

Nothing seems to be easy with Apple.

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you have an active service agreement for anything it'd be foolish to throw away documentation of any type. Once the manufacturers warranty expires then..eh...

But yes I do have my Applecare receipt and printed "active" conformation from Apple's website as well as copies of receipts for the machine and the box itself.

3. Mirabella macrumors regular

4. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

man.
    i kept the box. i thought that was confirming enough.

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i got still got my box from when it got shipped to my front door. planning on keeping my apple care receipt as well. +1 for the heads up for those who may have fallen into throwing out the receipt.