Did you pay retail or upgrade for the iPhone6/6+?

Did you pay retail or upgrade for your iPhone 6/6+?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supernet33

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
This is what I don't understand why people pay full retail?
If they choose to leave the the company they are with, they can pay the ETF and it will end up being full price anyway..

I can understand if they don't want to loose a big promo or unlimited data.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Same. Curious to see how common it is. Apparently people with ATT still get upgrades and get to keep unlimited.
That is correct. My wife and I have separate accounts and have upgraded from the 3G to the 4, the 5, and now the 6 all without losing our unlimited data.

Udderlystoopid

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I did both, well kind of. Added a line and haven't received that phone yet, but didn't want to wait, so purchased on day one from a reseller on craigslist. And... I'm using my 5, because I don't like the 6 plus, go figure.

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
This is what I don't understand why people pay full retail?
If they choose to leave the the company they are with, they can pay the ETF and it will end up being full price anyway..

I can understand if they don't want to loose a big promo or unlimited data.
Perhaps people are in between upgrade cycles? Buy an iPhone 5S on contract, then buy a 6 off contract and sell your 5S. Buy a 6S on contract and sell your 6. Rinse, repeat.

rui no onna

macrumors G3
Oct 25, 2013
Went AT&T Next so used an upgrade. Easy enough to pay off the balance if I need to get it unlocked or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.