Did you pre-order Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adamvk, Aug 1, 2009.

?

Did you pre-order Snow Leopard?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. No.... Why?

45 vote(s)
    61.6%
  1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Wondering how many people pre-ordered Snow Leopard.

I myself did, because although its that many new upgrades, its only $29.

So money shouldn't be an issue for people for not purchasing it.

2. Conversion macrumors member

Conversion

Of course I did. Especially when it's only $9 when you've purchased a Mac after June 8 :D

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Anyone running an Intel Mac would be a fool to not upgrade.
    Yes, ordered mine through the MacRumors Amazon link tonight.

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

im either going to find the money(30 bucks i know its sad), and stand in line, or wait until i have the $$.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What's the point of pre-ordering it? I'm just gonna down to the Apple Store when I have some time. :)

6. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I'll be ordering from Apple as soon as I can, which, I hope, is in a week or two.

As a side note, why wasn't there a new SL seed last night? There is either a new schedule or some big changes, i.e. new interface.

7. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I couldn't agree more. I'll certainly go to the local Apple store the evening it is released, whenever that turns out to be. It's always fun to see larger and larger crowds with each OS update.

8. theclipper macrumors newbie

I am thinking of buying a Macbook within the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering how much I will have to pay to upgrade to Snow Leopard?

Thanks guys.

9. andrew8404 macrumors regular

Why buy from Amazon when you can do the same with Apple and probably guranteed deliever by 10am the day it comes out like it did with Leopard? Just bought a new 13 Macbook Pro and just realized it's only 10 for me! Sweet!

10. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

$9

11. theclipper macrumors newbie

Not bad, I guess its probably worth it to just get the MBP right now then waiting another couple months to get one when SL is actually released. I'm assuming there probably won't be any updates to the Macbooks to coincide with the launch of SL will there?

Thanks!

12. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

No. I'm just gonna go to the Apple Store and get it myself. More fun that way, in my opinion.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Nope, not sure what computer I will have at that point.

14. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

This is also why I chose not to pre-order. I also just think it's weird when Amazon lets you pre-order this stuff before Apple has even completely validated what they're doing. I'd rather just go to the store and buy it.

15. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

That's what I'm doing.

16. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Not to be contrary, but doesn't ANYONE have a concern that Snow Leopard will be something less than billed? I'm very content to wait till Christmas to see how things shake out. Call me chicken, but has anyone -- Apple, Microsoft, IBM, Digital Research, anyone -- had much luck with ".0" versions of operating systems?

mt

17. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

its a plastic disk, do you really think it gonna have supply problem?

18. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

does any one really care? we have seen new features and most of us are able to get it for 29$ what is there to complain about.

19. richkent72 macrumors regular

Did I pre-order Snow Leopard? Not living in the USA I've not yet had the option.

20. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Personally, I'm not pre-ordering as I qualify for the free upgrade so long as I pay P&P. However, even if you don't qualify I don't see the point in pre-ordering, as you could still buy it from somewhere like an Apple store on the day it's released so what's the point?

Or you could pre-order it on Apple's site when they start accepting the pre-orders.

21. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

The problem is that some people might live too far away from an Apple Store. My nearest one for now is 200 miles away, come October the nearest will be 60 miles. Even then, I wouldn't travel 60 miles for an OS upgrade I could have delivered to my door on the same day. It just doesn't make sense at all!

As for me, nope. Not allowed to pre-order it :p Their are many Apple users living outside the US. Crafty from Amazon putting up the pre-orders before Apple, raking in the money from it!

22. phantom3334 macrumors newbie

I know it's a silly question. but does the 9$ offer include countries outside america, europe ?
    I bought it from a local store (really local) during july.

23. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Going to the Apple Store to queue. I enjoy the atmosphere and chat on release days.

24. mslide macrumors 6502a

Why bother pre-ordering it? I'm sure there will be plenty of copies available at the various different online/brick-mortar retail outlets. Unless there is a significant discount, I hardly ever pre-order anything, no matter what it is. There are always plenty of copies available when item is released.

25. muldul macrumors 6502

I didn't pre-order because it isn't available in England yet for pre-order