Did you return your MB with slanted keys ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by alex000it, Oct 26, 2008.

1. alex000it macrumors member

I didn't.

I don't care about slanted keys. I'm happy with my MB and if I return it I could get one with bad pixels or a loose battery cover so I decided to keep it.

The reason why I posted this is to know how do you think about this issue and what you've done with your MB. Do you return it?

2. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

My function keys are slanted a bit and my battery cover is a bit loose. Still keeping it. Overall an awesome machine. Still love the look of it, still love the trackpad, and love how cool and quiet it is.

3. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Has anyone posted pics of these slanted keys? I've looked at mine & not noticed anything...

4. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

I have two of them, I guess they function keys have somewhat of a slant but I wouldn't have noticed it...no way I'm returning them for something so inconsequential.

5. Jelite macrumors 6502a

There is a pic around somewhere.

6. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I think it's pretty lame to return a macbook just because some function keys are slanted. There are far more important things to worry about than obsessing over slanted keys. And I've read people saying this is a QC issue...oh my.

7. sutherlandan macrumors newbie

Pleased to announce over here in Canada, Ontario to be specific... out of all the retail stores i've checked, as well as the Mac store... i've yet to see slanted keys, loose battery doors, dead pixels.. anything. My new macbook is flawless. :)

8. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

My F1 key is slanted but im going to keep it since everything else has been good and the last thing i want to happen is get a worse MacBook. Heres a pic-
    [​IMG]

9. azdmelani macrumors member

I have a few that are not really so noticeable. Since my macbook is otherwise fabulous I am keeping it. If they decide to do a keyboard exchange in the future I will do that.

10. Dammage macrumors newbie

Seriously? They still work. It's noticeable but come on. It's the first line of a product. The first generation is never going to be perfect. It's my first macbook and runs and looks better than any PC I could find. Not to mention it runs sooo cool at low processor power. I could not be more happy with my purchase.

11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

A couple of mine have a touch of rake down to the left...but not as bad as the pic posted above.

I'm keeping it, I don't give a damn. Looking at that keyboard though, I'm glad I didn't pay the extra for the illuminated keys, that's a TON of leak from around the keys.

12. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

How about if it didnt have a slanted key ;):D

13. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

14. Dammage macrumors newbie

Ha. Ya got me.

15. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

My F1 key was slanted in my MBA. I learned to live with it. My new MBP is perfect and my new MB has not come yet.

16. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Hmm, ya from that pic it doesn't look too bad. I've checked mine multiple times and I don't really have anything to complain about. ('cept some very faint harddrive noise that just started recently, which I'll be keeping an eye on).

I was also a little surprised at how the backlit keyboard shows so much light around the edges of the keys, but it's really not so bad. You can adjust the light output on the keyboard so I usually just turn mine down a bit.

17. Tummy macrumors regular

Mine was exchanged with another one. I had about 4 of the function keys slanted and the right shift key. I pretty much buy every new major revision laptop that comes out and the Apple store genius knows that I'm extremely picky.

18. polaris20 macrumors 68020

Wow, you have the new MBP and a new MB coming? Why not keep the MBA and MBP? Then you'd have the best performance and the best portability in 2 books.

19. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Personally i like how the light leaks around the keys. It looks cool to me. Also i have my brightness all the way up on my keys. Im usually picky with my stuff but im happy with my MB and the slanted key doesnt bother me. Better then a loose battery cover.

20. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Look at the angle of the photograph.. of course you're going to see leak.. you're damn near photographing under the keys.. :rolleyes:

21. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Yeah it was taken with my iPhone upside down and resting on the palm rest so its pretty much parallel with the keys

22. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

No, I thought that it isn't worth exchanging for another one for two reasons.
    1) I bought it to use it, not to let it sitting around looking pretty.
    2) If I exchanged it, there may be a risk of getting something even worse.

23. eGraeme macrumors member

i think that is a FEATURE
    u pay extra for that
    ;)
    actually i like it
    kinda frames the key

24. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I don't think I could in good conscience return an otherwise good computer for purely slanted keys.

25. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

The Keyboard is "Made" to have leaks around the key. Look more gorgeous and is more useful then having the letter lit alone.

I also did'nt returned my macbook. It does have slanted keys. At first it did'nt bothered me much. But at each time I look at it, it look worse and worse to me. I just can't return it anyway, since the nearest apple store is 2h of driving away and I don't have a car.