Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gibbomac12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
What are the differences between the Previous-gen 15" 2.4gz vs the 15" 2.66 version one? Specifically i mean the ports and the "real-world" speed of the processors.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
What are the differences between the Previous-gen 15" 2.4gz vs the 15" 2.66 version one? Specifically i mean the ports and the "real-world" speed of the processors.

Port wise, the newer 2.66GHz models have an SD card slot. Other than that, the old 2.4GHz still has the Express Card slot the newer ones lack. Anything else is still the same.

Also, the CPU difference in real world will be noticed not in plain simple tasks, but in tasks such as encoding a video, a complex math operation or processing a data sample (say results from x experiment). You will see the difference in seconds and probably minutes.

However, for everyday use, you won't see a difference at all.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sorry but what do you mean by: "but OP made no mention of battery life"? :confused:

I asume that Jav6454 means that you, the OP (Original Poster) did not ask about battery life in your original post which opened the thread and so that query was not addressed or answered in subsequent posts.

Cheers and good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.