Difference between 6 and 6S Apple Leather Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SPNarwhal, Oct 12, 2016.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I have a few Apple Leather Cases for my iPhone 6/S Plus

I'm a little confused, though, because there seems to be a few differences between them, and the only thing I can imagine is that one must be for the 6S Plus while the other is for the 6 Plus?

I have 4 midnight blue leather cases, but they vary in degrees of blueness. 3 of 4 of them are pretty darn dark and pretty much look black, while one is more blue. The only reason I even know they're midnight blue and not black is because the INSIDE of it is more blue, while my black leather case has a black inside.

One of these cases have a deeper Apple logo imprinted on it than the others

and here's where a pure difference exists

One of them has the little "leather logo" thing (on the inside under the "iPhone" text) a little higher than the others. Why? They're all genuine, so it's not as if some are fake and some aren't. I thought maybe the color thing would just be normal from inconsistent manufacturing of leather or something

Maybe even the imprinted Apple logo being deeper would be a manufacturing thing as well?

But the leather logo is very clearly higher on one of these cases than the other. So what is going on? Any ideas?

I searched the internet for "iPhone 6 vs 6S leather case" but found nothing.

2. AJPhan macrumors newbie

I just bought one for the 6s yesterday and on the box said "compatible with both 6 and 6s" so I dont think there is anything different.

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I'm pretty sure there are subtle differences. Unless it was some kind of difference on production periods, or possibly factories or something. I'll take some photos of my cases later and show the differences.

4. AJPhan macrumors newbie

Yeah please do, I had the same question myself before I bought the case because I know the S line is lil' bit thicker. I guess they just like "beep this just make 1 case for both".

PS: there was a review on Amazon about the case didn't fit the iphone 6s properly that's why I went to the store to make sure the case would fit mine. I thought that guy some how got the defective one but now I think he got the old iphone 6 case.