Difficult Wake Up from Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlueRevere, Dec 1, 2016.

1. BlueRevere macrumors member

BlueRevere

My 13' Touchbar has problems waking up from sleep mode.

Using external mouse / keyboard when connected to the Thunderbolt Display with closed lid is mostly ignored.

Opening the lid often times does nothing.

Pressing the On/Off/Fingerprint button for less than one or two second is often ignored.

Pressing the On/Off/Fingerprint button for more than 3 seconds causes a hard reboot.

Does anyone else have that problem too?

2. linguist macrumors member

sorry if this might sound repetitive,

is this on fresh install of the OS, or transfer from previous machine ?

generally transfer from previous machine can be problematic with inconsistencies in operation.

hope your problem can be resolved soon !

3. Pbrutto macrumors 6502a

Pbrutto

This comment won't be helpful (sorry) but the title of your thread sounds like me every morning...

4. BlueRevere thread starter macrumors member

BlueRevere

Hi Linguist,

It is a fresh MacOS, not transfer from my old Mac.

I have the impression the problems occur when connected or disconnected from the Apple Thunderbolt Display.

The worst thing to do is to disconnect the new MacBook Pro from the Apple Thunderbolt Display in Sleep Mode. Then the MacBooks seems to be totally confused. This has never been an issue with my old MacBook Air.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 3, 2016 ---
    Yes, you seem to be right. All issues are related to the clamshell mode. Was much easier with the old MacBook Air. That was completely resilient of when and how I plug that in and remove it from the Thunderbolt Display.

5. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I hadn't multiple issues, including sparks from USB-C ports and multiple kernel panics. I returned the MacBook and they had no stock.