Diggers are ripping on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Frisco, Aug 23, 2008.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I didn't read the digg comments, because I don't even consider that reading, but I read the article and the guy is 100% right.

I love my iPhone and all the Macs I've owned through the years, but I too have experienced most of those bugs at some point. Further, his point about Apple being so secretive that they don't even let their customers know what is going on is unequivocally both ridiculous and absurd.

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I definitely agree when the guy says Apple is an arrogant company.
    They really are not handling these issues in the best way possible, and they are losing customers over it.

3. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

4. aphexii macrumors 6502

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

It's the same thing with any Microsoft article too. It's quite old and stupid at this point.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I really don't care what other people have to say about the iPhone.

7. sibruk macrumors 6502a

The Gizmodo article is very good (original article here) and I'm glad that people are talking about this. Apple cannot fail to recognise the problems with the iPhone 2.x software but they will get sorted out quicker if we have people in the media writing about this.

I agree that Apple have screwed up with iPhone 2.x and the MobileMe launch. It was a real opportunity to win some over into the Apple camp, and instead they have just fuelled the anti-Apple sentiments. They may have sold squillions of units, but it's no point in having squillions of unhappy customers.

8. Stratus Fear macrumors 6502

Agreed. I know that mine works, and of the people I know, only one has problems, and there's no reason to care beyond that. I do hope those with issues have them resolved, and I'm sure Apple will do it, but at this point, the continued rants are old news. Calm down, people. It's just a phone. Everything will likely turn out fine.

9. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

The difference, IMHO, is that Apple doesn't deserve the bashing. :D

10. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I think anyone who has not returned their 3G phone at least 8 times has no right to complain.

11. archipellago macrumors 65816

Why shouldn;t Apple get bashed for the whole batched 3g issue.? The hardware and software are rubbish. I see no problem with deserved criticism.

Just in my family its cost them 3 mobile me renewals alone, plus you think I'm ever gonna buy an Apple product again?

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Even being an Apple fan, I think 90% of what was said in this article us spot-on. His comparison to Sony and the PS3 situation really makes Jobs & Co look bad. The only thing I really don't agree with is his decision to not buy an Apple computer because of his experience with iPhone firmware 2.x. The poor customer support is probably unique to the iPhone support lines. They can't offer help because there's nothing that can be done. Call support for your laptop/desktop and I'm guessing the experience is going to be different.

13. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

they're making so many damn iphones a bunch of bound to have problems.

i wonder what the ACTUAL percentage is of ones that are messed up.

i think its getting blown out of proportion. and the people who have problems are probably posting it EVERYWHERE, making it seem worse than it really is.

14. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

ill bet money you will.

15. archipellago macrumors 65816

I PROMISE you they won't see any of my cash again. I've even sold some stuff in disgust!

16. archipellago macrumors 65816

if the percentage was very low Apple would be shouting about it... their silence says it all.

17. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

maybe they're spending their time trying to fix it instead.

18. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

until the next time they come out with something so cool you just have to get it.
    you should save this so the next time you buy something from them you can have a good laugh lol

19. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Agreed. And how hard would it be for them to make a public statement to tell all of their disgruntled fans what they are planning to do to fix this mess and when they can expect results. Why so secretive? I've searched hugh and low for a list of the bugs addressed in .0.1 and .0.2 and can come up with nothing.

20. theevilone macrumors member

21. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I honestly hope Apple's PR people are *not* working on fixing the iPhone.

22. davyreins macrumors 6502

I would definitely agree with that article. I've been using Apple/Macs my entire life (I'm 20, so maybe not as long as other people). But I definitely think that the quality and dependability of some of their products has deteriorated.

When I was younger I can hardly remember a time when we had minor problems, let alone major, with our Macs. Now, it is not uncommon for me to have minor and sometimes major problems with them. It's the same for the gltiches I've had with my newer ipods and iphone.

It seems that the bigger and more popular Apple has become, the more they resemble the companies that they tried so hard to be different from.

23. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

obviously you know thats not what i meant. stop taking things literally.

24. Haruk macrumors member

Apple is a terrible, overrated company with a spoiled community(ie here)