Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrhind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone that I have been able to jailbreak and use with an AT&T SIM. I live in Bermuda and use DigiCel. Has anyone had any success in getting a DigiCel SIM to work? I have ordered a StealthSIM and read about TurboSIM but I am interested to know if anyone has been able to crack the SIM with software.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone that I have been able to jailbreak and use with an AT&T SIM. I live in Bermuda and use DigiCel. Has anyone had any success in getting a DigiCel SIM to work? I have ordered a StealthSIM and read about TurboSIM but I am interested to know if anyone has been able to crack the SIM with software.

Software Unlock of an OTB iPhone 1.1.2 is not possible as of now. Possibly in a near future.

Hardware unlock (TurboSIM, Stealth SIM, etc) works fine. TurboSIM is highly suggested above any other. Stealth SIM is second choice if you cannot secure a TurboSIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.