Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
I do not know if this has ever been addressed. I could not find any reference to it. My question is, Are there any GOOD digital picture frames that I can display my digital pictures on as maybe a slide show. I did google the question and find that there are some picture frames, but the ones I found are not what I am looking for. I want to display my pics taken on my D7100 wirelessly to the frame from my iMac and be able to change/add them selectively as I upload new pics to the computer. I also want it to be of a decent size, nothing under 15".
If there is no such option, I was thinking that maybe someone here would have a creative solution. Is there a way to incorporate a Smart TV to work with my IMac.
I do remember seeing "somewhere" a very fancy high end picture frame, but for the life of me I can't remember, or even find it out on the web.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I do not know if this has ever been addressed. I could not find any reference to it. My question is, Are there any GOOD digital picture frames that I can display my digital pictures on as maybe a slide show. I did google the question and find that there are some picture frames, but the ones I found are not what I am looking for. I want to display my pics taken on my D7100 wirelessly to the frame from my iMac and be able to change/add them selectively as I upload new pics to the computer. I also want it to be of a decent size, nothing under 15".
If there is no such option, I was thinking that maybe someone here would have a creative solution. Is there a way to incorporate a Smart TV to work with my IMac.
I do remember seeing "somewhere" a very fancy high end picture frame, but for the life of me I can't remember, or even find it out on the web.
Thanks for any suggestions.
You could hook up a Apple TV and share from your iMac, but that wouldn't be a cheap way round.

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
The Apple TV works very well for what you want to do. In my gallery I setup a folder in iTunes on my PC and dropped any images I wanted in the slideshow in there. Then using home sharing I set the slideshow on the Apple TV to that folder. Now the TV runs a slideshow that can be quickly updated. It also doubled as my sound system for the gallery (iTunes and AirPlay).

Most TVs purchased in the past few years can run a slide show off of a USB drive. Check the menus of your TV to see if that is an option then just drop the files on the USB dive. A 32" TV can be had for under $200 these days. Not a bad picture frame.

Yes you can use your iMac as well. Besides AirPlay you can an USB video card and set your TV up as a second monitor.

As for dedicated panels, I can't help you there. I haven't looked into them in years.

TheDrift-

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
as laird knox said most TV's can run a USB drive..there are wifi usb drives like the sandisk connect, or eyefi wireless SD Cards. Then I guess you just need a TV/Tablet/Monitor that will take a usb or SD and can play a slide show from them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.