DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket for iPad is Out

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by scirica, Sep 10, 2010.

1. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I wasn't even aware that this was coming, but tonight DirecTV released an iPad version of Sunday Ticket. Streaming games and Red Zone on your iPad is free if you already subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

Legendary!!

2. DaWeav macrumors newbie

DaWeav

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

4. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

Don't overlook the option to pass on paying DirecTV and buying a Slingbox instead. That will allow you to watch anything coming through or recorded to your DirecTV tuner/DVR on your iPad, iPhone or computer anywhere in the world, using wifi or even 3G.

Of course you won't get all the games you get with the Ticket, but for some people it might be an option.

5. Kobra macrumors regular

Kobra

I live outside of the US, it would be nice if some one knew of a way to folow NFL on a international iPad :)

6. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Kudos to the NFL for giving the app away to Sunday Ticket subscribers.

Bud $elig decided to charge $14.99 each for the MLB iPhone and iPad apps, regardless of whether you already subscribe to MLB.tv.

NFL 1, MLB 0

7. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

And my MLB.TV Premium subscription is only $109.95 per year.

8. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

9. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I don't see an iPad app for this... but $350?! Is that ON TOP of an NFL subscription?! :eek:

10. brun019822 macrumors member

:confused:

11. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

If you go to directv.com there is no way to navigate to this page. Plus when you follow the posted link there is no way back to directv's homepage.

12. aphxtwinin macrumors regular

you need to have NFL sunday ticket $300 + nfl sunday ticket to go $50, for this weekend there is a free trial so ppl can check it out. i have it, i can ring in with quality and awesomeness if you'd like

13. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

How do you get the free trial? I'd like to try it out before spending $350

14. aphxtwinin macrumors regular

im not really sure actually, the commercial says that its open for everyone tomorrow but i think they might have meant only nfl sunday ticket i dunno about to go (which is for mobile devices...android, iOS devices, palm pre even) just dl the app and see what happens tomorrow

15. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

OK thanks. I have the iPad app installed, but not being a Direct TV subscriber, there is no way to get past the initial login page when the app is launched.

I'll see what tomorrow brings.

16. aphxtwinin macrumors regular

if they did it right and it has decent quality and great connection it should be EPIC on a 3G ipad

17. brun019822 macrumors member

Its there, you just have to look for it.

18. Mosi macrumors regular

Will report back

Hey all,

Just ordered it for the current season without being a DirectTV subscriber. I am thrilled that I found this option so I can follow the Dolphins from out here in Hawaii.

I will report back on quality on 3G and Wifi tomorrow both from iPad and iPhone 4

GO DOLPHINS!

19. Mosi macrumors regular

NFL Streaming

I am not sure if they provide iPad streaming but you can check out pretty great Mac streaming internationally here ----> www.nfl.com/gamepass

20. aphxtwinin macrumors regular

yea! GO DOLPHINS! Just moved to Denver from Miami, so Sunday Ticket was a must!

21. Kobra macrumors regular

Kobra

Thank you for the tip, I used the GamePass last season and it worked great! A bit of a shame that it requires Firefox and flash though...

Seriously, American sports could get alot better at using the iPad/iPhone. Look at the Formula1 live timing app, with it I can follow all cars on a track map, get timing information and genereall info about the series —all live as the race goes on. NASCAR and NFL need to step up to the plate, and they need to change their pricing for the online services.

22. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

yeah not seeing the free trial anywhere. this is really tempting though, would love to watch the pack break brents legs on the east coast

23. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

It is definitely a separate charge from Sunday ticket. My bf pays for Sunday ticket and super fan...when I log into the app it says you also need a to go subscription.

It is kind of a ripoff especially when most of jacksonvilles games are blacked out bc they can't sell out a game.

24. Mosi macrumors regular

Halftime Update

Well after playing with it for the first half of the game....when it works it's great but it defintely has some issues. First, the streaming and quality is pretty good. It looks great on the iPad and even looks good on my Mac Mini blown up on my 42" Plasma.

Some of the bad, the iPad app itself locks up quite a bit. It doesn't stop streaming usually but the touchscreen locks up and you can't change any setting or switch to another game or Red Zone channel without restarting the app. Restarting generally fixes the app, but there have been more then a handful of times where when after restarting you get a pop up box that says they are experiencing technical difficulties and to try again later.

Due to technical difficulties I haven't been able to access a stream from the iPhone yet either over Wifi or 3G. Once I do, I will pass along some shots.

Here are some shots from the iPad app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. fiddysent macrumors member

fiddysent